The laidback surfing village of Taghazout, just 20km from Agadir, is the perfect base for a surf holiday in Morocco, offering incredible surf spots for all levels and 7 nights accommodation in the beachfront surf camp, excellent surf tuition, Moroccan culture and rooftop group dinners.
Spend 7 nights/8 days based in oceanfront accommodation in the laidback surfing village Taghazout and enjoy the stunning landscapes and excellent surf conditions on your 5 days of lessons in this amazing area of Morocco.
Whether you are new to surfing or an experienced rider looking for the best spots, the excellent surf instructors at the surf camp will ensure you get the right waves for your level.
Groups are kept small so that instructors can ensure personal tuition on your surfing holiday. For 5 days you’ll have 2 hours of surf lessons in the mornings and supervised surf time in the afternoons so you’ll be catching your first waves in no time!
Accommodation is set in the oceanfront surf camp, with shared rooms, cooking facilities, satellite TV, WiFi and a beautiful roof terrace with a great group atmosphere. Everyone eats together in the evenings enjoying wonderful food cooked by local chefs whilst overlooking the ocean.
Taghazout has its own welcoming and bohemian-atmosphere, the surf school hosts make sure everyone experiences the wonderful culture and area as much as possible with optional day trips available throughout the week for a Moroccan surfing holiday with a difference.
Great surf camp accommodation right on the oceanfront.
Enjoy surfing in world-renowned spots perfect for all levels.
Fantastic atmosphere with incredible rooftop Moroccan dinners.
Your Local Host:
James & team
Two schools friends came on a holiday to Morocco and the rest, as they say, is history. James and Tudor started their surf camp just two days into their holiday after James put down a deposit on what is now one of the surf flats. They haven’t looked back since.
About your surf instructors
– All instructors are fully qual Read More
– You should plan to arrive at the surf camp between 9am and 5pm if possible (later arrivals are possible)
– You will be able to check into your room anytime from 2pm
– You will have time to settle into the surf camp accommodation and soak up the laid back atmosphere, in the evening you will enjoy a traditional Moroccan meal on the roof terrace of the accommodation
– Accommodation is set in the excellent surf camp located right on the seafront
– The lovely Moroccan villa has been converted into a communal surf house offering 8 rooms on 4 levels so there is a great group atmosphere
– There are 6 twin/double rooms and 2 dorm bunk rooms sleeping 4 people
– Prices are based on shared rooms and bathrooms and you’ll share with 1-3 others
– Couples will be allocated a twin room where possible and available
– Check in after 3pm on day 1 and check out by 11am on day 8
– The rooms all provide linen and towels and the majority have balconies
– Each floor is equipped with one bathroom, basic cooking facilities as well as satellite TV and high speed WiFi so you can keep up to date on your emails, watch the latest surf video and make yourself at home
– The fantastic terrace at the top of the villa has the best view in Taghazout and is a great lookout for all of the point breaks
– Friendly and hospitable staff are on hand throughout the day at the surf camp
– Each day you will enjoy a leisurely breakfast at the ocean front cafe
– After breakfast, transport will be provided in the morning for the best spot to suit your level
– You will have 2 hours of surfing lessons each day for 5 consecutive days
– Lunch will then be provided (salad or sandwiches) on the beach
– In the afternoon you will have supervised surf sessions rather than lessons so you can practise your technique and ask the instructor if you have anything in particular you want to work on
– You are free to take breaks when you want, if you feel tired you can sit on the beach and soak up some sun
– Late afternoon you will make your way back to the camp with the instructors
– Shops and cafes are within walking distance so you can visit the village with your fellow surfers or relax in the lounge or on the roof terrace
– In the evenings, a fantastic Moroccan meal will be served and all the group will sit and eat together overlooking the spectacular view from the surf house roof top
– One of the days during the week will be a free day, the day itself will be confirmed on arrival and may be during the week to give you a rest day during the surf lessons
– You are free to hire a board and practise your techniques, take a stroll to the local cafes and shops or join one of the school trips to Kasbah and around the Souks or whatever day trip is planned that day (dependant on the school itinerary)
– Dinner will be served in the evening
What can I do in my free time? – Life in easy in Taghazout and it offers you a great opportunity to explore and experience both the culture and outdoor activities
– You can arrange a visit to any of the following with the school on arrival:
– Paradise Valley; a beautiful oasis is about 90 minutes drive the surf camp to visit the waterfalls and rock pools
– The Bay of Immsouane; a beautiful fishing village nestled on top of the cliffs overlooking the longest break that Morocco has to offer which is perfect for beginners
– Fez; the UNESCO listed medina is a must see with its heady mix of aromas, sounds and miles of historic souks it is a remarkable city
– Other places to visit include Essaouira, Marrakesh and the Sahara Dessert and if you ask the school they will give you all the information you need to get there
– After breakfast you will check out of the surf camp, you are asked to check out by 11am but you can leave your bags in the lock up and use the facilities if you have a later flight to catch
This excellent Moroccan surf camp is located in the sleepy fishing village of Taghazout, right on the oceanfront in the south west of Morocco, just 20km from Agadir. Taghazout is now a world-renowned surf destination and is a great spot for surfers of all levels.
The surf camp accommodation is set in a traditional Moroccan villa converted into a communal surf house with shared rooms. Each floor is equipped with a bathroom, cooking facilities, TV and high speed WiFi. It offers a wonderful location, friendly group atmosphere, fantastic Moroccan food and views all enjoyed from the roof terrace.
Nearest airports (flights are not included):
Agadir 20km away (around 50 minutes drive) or you can fly to Marrakech (3 hours drive).
Optional airport transfers:
From Agadir airport, it costs 300dh split between 1-3 people.
From Marrakech airport, it costs 1200dh split between all those in the 6 seater minibus.
10 hours of surf lessons (across days 2-6) in the mornings
10 hours of supervised surf time in the afternoons
Note: timing may depend on weather and tides and will be confirmed on arrival
5 days surfboard and wet suit hire according to experience level for the duration of your stay
Breakfast each day served in an ocean front cafe
Lunch on the days you surf (sandwiches or salads)
7 Delicious group evening meals on the surf camp rooftop
Check in on day 1 any time after 2pm and check out on day 8 by 11am
Airport pick up is not included, but can be arranged directly with the school (payment on arrival)
- Suitable for all levels from complete beginners to those that have surfed before and are looking to perfect their technique
- Note: beginners can start surfing on foam boards with greater volume and float to assist with the learning process and get you standing quickly
- Must be able to swim
- Minimum age 18
- Surfing is great fun for everyone but it’s best to bear in mind that it can be physically demanding sometimes
- Lessons available in English, French and Arabic
- These surf and yoga holidays make great singles holidays as rooms are shared with between 1-3 others so you don’t have to pay a single supplement
- Holidays run year round taking advantage of the great weather and arrivals are everyday
- You can arrive any day of the week, however most arrivals tend to come on Saturdays
- Surfing holidays are for 7 nights/8 days
- You will be kitted out in top quality wetsuits and boards
- There is a full range of summer wetsuits and an impressive selection of surfboards from foam boards, to long boards, mini-mals, short boards, fish and even a body board
- As the school has many different sized boards in varying thicknesses they will suit any level, short boards are more limited so if you are very advanced check availability before you arrive
- If you are a complete beginner, you can use a board with higher volume and buoyancy during the first few days, switching to a smaller, more manoeuvrable board as you improve
- Morocco, being a developing nation doesn't have the same water regulations which you may be used to in Europe and whilst the best and cleanest surf spots will be chosen each day by the school, they recommend some simple travel tips for staying in Morocco
- Keep hydrated; your immune system is at its lowest when you're dehydrated so drink plenty of water (provided free throughout the day)
- Taghazout enjoys 330 days of sunshine each year and the African sun is much hotter than what you may be used to so take sun precautions
- You will be served breakfast and dinner at the ocean front cafe
- Lunch will be either salads or sandwiches and served at the surf spot chosen for that day
- Dinner is served on the roof top terrace
- The Moroccan cooks have all worked in the Agadir hotels as well as the local cafes of Taghazout
- If you like authentic Moroccan cuisine then it doesn't get any better than this!
- If you prefer a taste of home the chefs are great at omelettes and pizza too
- Please let us know at the time of booking if you have any specific dietary requirements and the school will do their utmost to accommodate your requirements
When you book one of our packages, you will be staying with us in our Taghazout surf camp. We'll always try and upgrade you to a private double room if we have one available when you are staying with us. The packages are for shared rooms (either in a twin room or bunk beds). Couples will automatically be upgraded to private double rooms.