Learn to Belly Dance in Tamraght
Immerse yourself in hypnotic rhythms on this unique 7 night belly dancing holiday in Tamraght Morocco, with accommodation set in a charming surf & yoga house; learn belly dancing with a professional dancer & choreographer while absorbing the amazing atmosphere, tastes, sights & culture!
Highlights of the Trip
- Learn how to belly-dance with a professional instructor.
- 7-nights accommodation in a beautiful, friendly, surf and yoga house.
- Discover the secrets of Argan oil cosmetics.
On this amazing 7 night belly dancing holiday set in the Moroccan village of Tamraght, you will have the opportunity to learn from an internationally renowned dancer and choreographer! Over 5 days, you will join your instructor Roberta, a belly dancer with 15 years experience, in the studio for group lessons that welcome all dance levels, from beginners to advanced.
You will learn authentic belly dancing techniques and choreography which will cover Egyptian style raqs sharqi, both classical and modern, and much more. You’ll be able to see how belly dancing can bring myths, folklore and ancient stories to life. As well as watching Roberta’s dance show, you’ll also have a chance to perform with the rest of your class on the last evening (optional!).
During this memorable belly dancing holiday, Roberta will ensure that all elements of your experience are planned with love and enthusiasm, sharing with you her passion for music, dance and wellbeing. She and her husband Abdel will also make sure you have the chance to join activities such as visits to the Souk, Hammam, Reiki sessions, yoga or surf – let them help you plan the perfect holiday in Morocco.
- 7 nights accommodation at the surf & yoga house
- 7.5 hours of belly dancing with a professional dancer/choreographer
- Classes take place for 1.5 hours a day over 5 days (2-6)
- A live belly dancing show at the surf & yoga house
- Opportunity to perform on stage with your teacher on the students’ night
- 1 hour class about the production of Argan Oil cosmetics
- Belly dance scarf rental
- Daily breakfast (lunch and dinners are not included but can be purchased on arrival)
- Group transfer from and to Agadir Bus Station or Airport on Sundays
- Check in anytime after 2pm on day 1 and check out by 11am on day 8
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Personal Expenses
- Lunches and dinners
You’ll be staying in a beautiful surf & yoga house on top of a hill in the village of Tamraght. It’s the perfect spot for those who love the ocean but also want to be able to take in the laid-back Moroccan lifestyle.
Tamraght is a local fishing village with a relaxed friendly vibe. There are beaches, markets, shops and cafes all within a short walking distance making it the perfect base to explore. It’s also just 3 kilometres from the town of Taghazout if you feel like a change of pace and scenery.
– Only 40 minutes north of Agadir Airport
– Just a 10-15 minute walk to the nearest beaches from the surf & yoga house
– 3 kilometres from Taghazout & 2 kilometres from Aourir “Banana Village”
– 5 private rooms and shared rooms to cater for every preference and budget
– Eco-friendly and environmentally conscious accommodation
– Both traditional souk and contemporary Moroccan inspired décor
– Plenty of communal spaces for relaxing
– English speaking hosts with a wealth of knowledge about the area
– Delicious fresh meals on offer daily for an additional cost (vegan and vegetarian friendly)
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Agadir (AGA) – 45-60 minutes away
Marrakech (RAK) – 3 hours away
Essaouira (ESU) – 2.5 hours away
Complementary return transfers from Agadir airport:
Group transfers to and from Agadir Bus Station or Airport on Sundays are included in the price. Reservations for the free group pick-up and drop-off service must be made at the time of your booking or the free service will be cancelled and additional charges for scheduling a transfer service will be applied – Agadir Bus Station €15 per taxi each way or Agadir Airport €30 per taxi each way.
Please note: All guests may be required to wait at Agadir Airport or Agadir Bus Station on arrival and at the camp on departure (max. 3 hours) depending on the other guests’ arrival and departure times.
If you wish to book a private transfer, your hosts would be happy to organize one – Agadir Bus Station €15 per taxi each way or Agadir Airport €30 per taxi each way (max. 6 pax per taxi).
By public transport:
If you are flying into Marrakech, you will need to take a bus (about 3 hours) to the Agadir train station. Your hosts can help you plan your journey after booking. The bus ride is about €12 one way.
A private taxi will cost €130 each way direct to the accommodation.
From Essaouira, you can catch a bus with Supratour Bus Company for €9 each way directly to Tamraght village.
A private taxi will cost €95 each way direct to the accommodation.
Who is it suitable for?
– All dancing levels from complete beginners to professionals looking to develop and experience a new style
– Minimum age 18
When can I start?
– Holidays run on selected dates once a month
– Belly dancing holidays are for 7 nights/8 days with arrivals on Sundays
Are meals included?
– A delicious breakfast will be provided each morning, serving up omelettes, fruits, amlou, fresh juice, jam and bread (included in the price)
Lunch – not included
– Fresh packed lunches for on the go with either a fresh salad or sandwich, with fruit and water (not included but can be purchased for €5 a day)
Dinner – not included
– Daily dinners can be booked plus you can look forward to couscous on Friday night, a BBQ on Saturday night, along with other regional favourites like tagine, moroccan night, batbout night and seffa night (not included but can be purchased for €10 a day)
What can I do in my free time?
– Each afternoon there are activities scheduled, feel free to join (at extra charge) if one interests you
– Nearby beaches and towns are within a 20 minute walk away
– Join a yoga class or book a wellness treatment
– Try your hand at surfing
– Take in traditional village life, some cafes and restaurants and explore the area