Learn to Belly Dance in Morocco
Immerse yourself in hypnotic rhythms on this unique 7 night belly dancing holiday in Tamraght Morocco, with accommodation set in a charming surf & yoga house; learn belly dancing with a professional dancer & choreographer while absorbing the amazing atmosphere, tastes, sights & culture!
Highlights of the Trip
- Learn how to belly-dance with a professional instructor.
- 7-nights accommodation in a beautiful, friendly, surf and yoga house.
- Discover the secrets of Argan oil cosmetics.
On this amazing 7 night belly dancing holiday set in the Moroccan village of Tamraght, you wil have the opportunity to learn from an internationally renowned dancer and choreographer! Over 5 days, you will join your instructor Roberta, a belly dancer with 15 years experience, in the studio for group lessons that welcome all dance levels, from beginners to advanced.
You will learn authentic belly dancing techniques and choreography which will cover Egyptian style raqs sharqi, both classical and modern, and much more. You’ll be able to see how belly dancing can bring myths, folklore and ancient stories to life. As well as watching Roberta’s dance show, you’ll also have a chance to perform with the rest of your class on the last evening (optional!).
During this memorable belly dancing holiday, Roberta will ensure that all elements of your experience are planned with love and enthusiasm, sharing with you her passion for music, dance and wellbeing. She and her husband Abdel will also make sure you have the chance to join activities such as visits to the Souk, Hammam, Reiki sessions, yoga or surf – let them help you plan the perfect holiday in Morocco.
- 7 nights accommodation in a private room with shared bathroom at the surf & yoga house
- 7.5 hours of belly dancing with a professional dancer/choreographer
- Classes take place for 1.5 hours a day over 5 days (2-6)
- A live belly dancing show at the surf & yoga house
- Opportunity to perform on stage with your teacher on the students’ night
- 1 hour class about the production of Argan Oil cosmetics
- Belly dance scarf rental
- Daily breakfast (lunch and dinners are not included but can be purchased on arrival)
- Group transfer from and to Agadir Bus Station or Airport on Sundays
- Check in anytime after 2pm on day 1 and check out by 11am on day 8
What's Not Included
You’ll be staying in a beautiful surf & yoga house on top of a hill in the village of Tamraght. It’s the perfect spot for those who love the ocean but also want to be able to take in the laid-back Moroccan lifestyle.
Tamraght is a local fishing village with a relaxed friendly vibe. There are beaches, markets, shops and cafes all within a short walking distance making it the perfect base to explore. It’s also just 3 kilometres from the town of Taghazout if you feel like a change of pace and scenery.
The retreat accommodation was set up by your hosts, Roberta and Abdel, to be eco-friendly, spacious, clean and safe – reflective of the inviting Beldi Moroccan style. As well as dance and yoga classes, they also run surf holidays so you will find a great mix of interesting people to meet. This also means the house has the good atmosphere of a surf camp but combined with the tranquility of a yoga retreat.
A Moroccan breakfast is served every morning by an excellent local cook at the house, and should you decide to opt for a packed lunch on the go or have a communal Moroccan dinner at the house, she will be the one preparing the best dishes of the day with fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
– Only 40 minutes north of Agadir Airport
– Just a 10-15 minute walk to the nearest beaches from the surf & yoga house
– 3 kilometres from Taghazout & 2 kilometres from Aourir “Banana Village”
– 5 private rooms and shared rooms to cater for every preference and budget
– Eco-friendly and environmentally conscious accommodation
– Both traditional souk and contemporary Moroccan inspired décor
– Plenty of communal spaces for relaxing
– English speaking hosts with a wealth of knowledge about the area
– Delicious fresh meals on offer daily for an additional cost (vegan and vegetarian friendly)
Agadir (AGA) – 45-60 minutes away
Marrakech (RAK) – 3 hours away
Essaouira (ESU) – 2.5 hours away
Complementary return transfers from Agadir airport:
Group transfers to and from Agadir Bus Station or Airport on Sundays are included in the price. Reservations for the free group pick-up and drop-off service must be made at the time of your booking or the free service will be cancelled and additional charges for scheduling a transfer service will be applied – Agadir Bus Station €15 per taxi each way or Agadir Airport €30 per taxi each way.
Please note: All guests may be required to wait at Agadir Airport or Agadir Bus Station on arrival and at the camp on departure (max. 3 hours) depending on the other guests’ arrival and departure times.
If you wish to book a private transfer, your hosts would be happy to organize one – Agadir Bus Station €15 per taxi each way or Agadir Airport €30 per taxi each way (max. 6 pax per taxi).
By public transport:
If you are flying into Marrakech, you will need to take a bus (about 3 hours) to the Agadir train station. Your hosts can help you plan your journey after booking. The bus ride is about €12 one way.
A private taxi will cost €130 each way direct to the accommodation.
From Essaouira, you can catch a bus with Supratour Bus Company for €9 each way directly to Tamraght village.
A private taxi will cost €95 each way direct to the accommodation.
Who is it suitable for?
– All dancing levels from complete beginners to professionals looking to develop and experience a new style but PLEASE NOTE the majority of dates are pitched at beginner to intermediate levels so if you’re an advanced dancer, you will need to attend an ‘all level’ date:
I’m a solo traveller – can I join?
– This belly dancing holiday makes a great singles holiday as it is the perfect opportunity to meet other like minded travellers
– Solo travellers will have their own private room with shared bathroom but can upgrade to a private bathroom for an additional supplement, see the ‘Costing and extras’ tab for more information
– Alternatively, you can share a room with other guests if you’d prefer to meet other people and save some money
When can I start?
– Holidays run on selected dates once a month
– Belly dancing holidays are for 7 nights/8 days with arrivals on Sundays
Extra activities & costs
– Yoga class: pre- booked €12, walk in price €15 per session
– 1 private 50 minute dance class: €45
– Henna tattoo: €15
– Packed lunch to go: €5
– Dinner/BBQ/Couscous: €10
– Reiki: €35
– Hammam: €25
– Thalasso spa: €25
– Shuttle to Agadir: 150 Dh (about £12.50) each way
What will I learn?
– Your lessons throughout the week will cover a range of belly dancing styles, covering the following
Egyptian style raqs sharqi Classical & Modern
Egyptian folklore Baladi, saidi, hagalla, melaya, bambooty, shaabi, Siwa, Sinai dance, Ghawazii, Nuba
Middle Eastern folklore, Haliji & Dabke
– Beginners will cover the fundamentals of dance, basic movements and combinations
– The intermediate level focuses on dance fluency, introducing more advanced combinations which help improve your understanding of music and how to interpret it through dance
– Advanced dancers will focus on mastering dance fluency, with isolated movement, complex combinations and stage choreographies
About your belly dancing tutor and hosts
– Your host and dance instructor is Roberta, who hails from Switzerland
– Roberta is an internationally recognized Choreographer and graduate from the famous ISOC Academy in Cairo, Egypt
– In addition to dance and choreography, she has studied holistic and complementary healing methods through reiki, traditional reflexology, yoga, meditation and other disciplines
– She finds that all of these practices combined cause physical and psychological well-being to flourish
– Roberta’s husband, Abdel, is Moroccan and an avid surfer and instructor, together they founded this amazing retreat
– Along with Roberta and Abdel, you’ll meet Irina who also instructs yoga and is certified in Thai massage, Zara who keeps up with all of the housekeeping, amazing Moroccan cooking, and specialises in making you feel at home, and Rachid, who is a driver and knows all of the best areas during your stay
– Everyone at the house is there to help you out and make your holiday as special as they can
– Shanti & Baghera are the 2 house 5 pound Chihuahuas which help out in hosting by offering love and entertainment; they are sometimes in the garden but never in the guest area of the accommodation
– Classes will be instructed in English but can be translated when needed
Are meals included?
– A delicious breakfast will be provided each morning, serving up omelettes, fruits, amlou, fresh juice, jam and bread (included in the price)
Lunch – not included
– Fresh packed lunches for on the go with either a fresh salad or sandwich, with fruit and water (not included but can be purchased for €5 a day)
Dinner – not included
– Daily dinners can be booked plus you can look forward to couscous on Friday night, a BBQ on Saturday night, along with other regional favourites like tagine, moroccan night, batbout night and seffa night (not included but can be purchased for €10 a day)
What can I do in my free time?
– Each afternoon there are activities scheduled, feel free to join (at extra charge) if one interests you
– Nearby beaches and towns are within a 20 minute walk away
– Join a yoga class or book a wellness treatment
– Try your hand at surfing
– Take in traditional village life, some cafes and restaurants and explore the area