Walk through the high altitude grasslands and montane rainforest eco-system so peculiar to the Western Ghats. Ascend Meesapulimala, enjoy the breathtaking views of the vast plains of Tamilnadu on your east and the never ending Sahyadri on your west.
Reach Munnar by 8 am. You will be met by our representative and will be transferred towards Silent Valley, the start point of the trek, which is about 26Kms from Munnar. We will be starting the trek from an altitude of 1500 m gradually ascending to over 2600m, passing through sholas (high altitude rain forests) and grasslands which are typical to the higher areas of the Western Ghats. The area also has wildlife – notably elephants, sambar, sloth bear and the Nilgiritahr – the latter being endemic and endangered. We will head along paths over the undulating mountain grasslands and ascend Meesapulimala – the second highest peak in the Western Ghats. We can see the world’s highest tea estate Kolukkumalai in the undulating hills below. We will descend and continue trekking through the sholas and tea gardens till we reach Silent Valley.
Highlights of the Trip
• Trek through high altitude grasslands and montane rainforest eco-system
• Meesapulimala – the second highest peak in the Western Ghats
• Breathtaking views of the vast plains of Tamilnadu
• Get a glimpse of the world’s highest tea estate- Kolukkumalai
• Accompanying guide
• Transfer towards the trek start point
• Forest entrance fees and permissions
• Packed lunch, Refreshment and mineral water while trekking
What's Not Included
• Pick up and drop to airport
• Tips to driver/ guide