Verona Food & Wine Walking Tour
Discover the streets of downtown Verona in this relaxed tour of tasty gastronomic cuisine and unique gourmet locations. Explore old eateries, one-time wine bars, and the authentic restaurants which were once barns.
Highlights of the Trip
- 6 Delicious culinary stops based on Veronese dishes: classic cheese and cold cut appetisers, taste of local white wine and the glorious Valpolicella wines including Valpolicella Ripasso
- Extra virgin olive oil tasting
- Homemade pasta Bigoli with ragù and the famous Italian ice-cream to finish the experience
- Amarone red wine paired with a sweet surprise
- Historic tour of the city as your travel to each culinary destination
- Funicular railway journey to the highest part of the city
You will follow your professional tour guide and wine expert and admire the monuments and narrow historic streets of Verona. Taste typical Veronese dishes: from classic cheeses and cold cut appetisers to freshly made bigoli pasta and more gastronomic delights. Pair these food delicacies with delicious local wines.
During the tour, you will make some very unconventional stops and discover ancient Roman ruins and view the city from above from a roof top terrace. Also take a ride on the funicular railway to marvel at the most romantic view of Verona.
Finish off your Italian foodie adventure with artisan, organic ice-cream or (if you are visiting at Christmas) our Veronese Christmas pudding.
The tour can be considered a full lunch and you will have two tours in one: a nice walking tour of Verona with a local tour guide combined with a food and wine itinerary.
Immerse yourself in the real Italian atmosphere and in the different culinary discoveries of Verona. Follow your enthusiastic guide in a walking food and wine tour around the old city center!
- Expert local guide who can teach you about Verona’s history as well as its authentic cuisine
- Lunch portion worth of tastings across the 6 different stops including wine tasting
- NOTE: Places visited during your tour are subject to change, mostly due to the weekly closing of the shops, Vegetarian, vegan, glucose-free and lactose-intolerant dietary restrictions are catered to. Please note this in the ‘special requirements’ field on booking.
- NOTE: Funicular railway available from mid of March up to the end of October.
- NOTE: the tour length is about 3 kilometers/1,86 miles and will not end at the meeting point.
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- Any additional purchase of culinary items
Meet at Piazza Bra Square, 28, 37121, under the big clock and the International pharmacy in time for a 10am departure.