Gourmet Tuscan Cookery Holiday
Stay in a magnificent 13th Century Tuscan villa for a unique 7 night/8 day cookery holiday dedicated to the secrets and traditions of Tuscan cookery near Florence; includes a gastronomic program cooking with Italian master chefs, exploring regional delicacies, fine wines and fairytale castles.
Highlights of the Trip
- Fully inclusive hands-on culinary course with Italian masterchefs.
- Action-packed Tuscan gourmet programme to immerse you in the local culture.
- Includes accommodation in a stunning villa on the estate.
This 7 night / 8 day gourmet Tuscan cookery holiday is ideal for both beginners and advanced cooks to immerse yourself in Italian life and its wonderful flavours.
In your hands on lessons you will learn to choose the finest Tuscan ingredients and balance flavours creating Italian dishes that any Italian Nonna would be proud of!
When you are not in the kitchen you will be touring through the wonderful Tuscan landscape, olive groves, vineyards and castles in order to taste the finest local produce and wines in this enchanting region. You will also visit bustling Florentine markets, producers of Vin Santo dessert wine, organic prosciutto producers and much more.
Stay on site in one of the beautiful villas on the estate, all of which will take you back in history to a time of renaissance splendour. The villa’s estate produces red Chianti wine and extra virgin olive oil from its own vineyards and groves and the antique cellar is used for storing wine. All produce used during your lessons is sourced from the estate.
- 7 nights accommodation in an ensuite double/twin room on the estate
- Please note: prices are per person and based on 2 people sharing a room
- Solo travellers can book a private room for an extra single supplement
- A welcome dinner on the night of your arrival
- A breakfast basket upon arrival in your accommodation
- 4 x 5 hour intensive cooking classes
- A full five course meal after each class in the medieval dining room or antique 14th century kitchen with wine and coffee. (2 meals a day)
- All cooking materials and ingredients
- Various local excursions
- A 150 page cookbook and academy apron to take home with you
- Swimming pool access (depending on the season)
- A certificate of completion
- You can check in any time after 3pm on day 1 and check-out by 11am on day 8
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
This wonderful cookery school is set in a magnificent 13th century renaissance villa on the outskirts of Florence. A stunning showcase of renaissance architecture the villa is also surrounded by outstanding estate of manicured gardens, thickly wooded forests, vineyards and silver green olive groves.
Accommodation at the school is in tastefully decorated rooms, which combine elegance and comfort with original features, frescoes, gilt mirrors, fireplaces, crystal chandeliers, silk curtains, terracotta flooring and fine antiques. As you walk through the door you will be transported back to a time of renaissance luxury and splendour.
– Located in the charming surroundings of Tuscany
– Traditional Italian kitchen setting
– Wine cellars and vineyard
– Local chefs with many years of experience
– Ingredients produced directly onsite
– Optional transfer service from Florence city centre
– Stunning 13th Century Tuscan villa
– Trains, buses and shops are within walking distance
– Close to all major highways
– Decorated with beautiful antiques and original Frescoes
– Manicured gardens complete with lemon trees and a water fountain
– Bright and spacious rooms
– All modern facilities and service available
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
A taxi can be taken from Florence Airport to the villa and costs approximately €25 and takes approximately 15 minutes.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all levels from beginner cooks to advanced chefs
– Minimum age 18 (under 18s accepted accompanied by an adult)
– All classes are taught by English speaking Italian chefs
– This course is on request but we can usually accommodate your requirements, to check availability, call us or email us on [email protected] with your preferred dates as well as any accommodation needs you have and someone will get back to you very quickly
Can I bring a non-cooking partner?
– Non cooking guests are welcome to share a room with a cooking guest and prices for the non-cooking guest will be discounted accordingly
When can I start?
– This course starts on Saturdays
– On the day of arrival you can check into the accommodation from 2pm onwards, you will enjoy a welcome dinner at the villa in the evening
– Cooking classes take place in the morning at 10am in time for lunch or in the evening at 5pm in time for dinner
– You will have your 4 cookery lessons on days 3, 5, 6 and 7, check out of the accommodation on the morning of day 8
– Please note: this cookery school is closed from mid-November to mid-March
What can I do in my free time?
– The estate is in the perfect location to enjoy the outdoors, yet conveniently located near bustling Florence, loaded with culture and history
– Feel free to enjoy the pool
– For the nature enthusiasts, head to the forest with trails for some amazing walks
– Within walking distance to the estate there are local transport, shops,
restaurants, bars and pizzerias
– Florence is only a 15 minute drive away, have your hosts organise transfers for you and have a night on the town