Chianti & Wine Tasting
This unique, half day excursion takes you from Florence to the heart of Chianti, famous for its scenic beauty, rolling hills, vineyards and olive groves. Take the chance to taste the best Chianti wine and other local products in one of our partner wineries!
Don’t miss the chance to explore the marvelous Chianti Wine region and its rolling hills! Get away from the noise and crowds of the city and enjoy a relaxing afternoon in the world-famous Tuscan countryside. Tuscany is renowned worldwide for its nature, small villages, vineyards and gentle hills.
Your tour starts with a visit to a rustic wine estate, in the heart of vineyards, where you will be greeted by the owners and offered an appetising snack based on “crostini toscani”, home produced olive oil and a tasting of a delicate “Vino Chianti”.
You will visit the cellar and learn all the secrets of wine processing. Then we move on to Greve in Chianti which is without doubt one of the most famous and best known Italian Chianti wine villages: here you will have time to explore the characteristic alleyways and the central square with its numerous Medieval buildings and its picturesque artisan shops.
Our day is not over yet: in the heart of olive trees, gentle hills and vineyards you will be offered another rich wine tasting together with some regional products: the owners of the wine estate will teach you some easy steps to become a perfect sommelier!
Highlights of the Trip
- 30-minute drive through beautiful rolling hills, verdant vineyards and olive trees
- Delicious Chianti wines , along with food selection that pairs with the wines being served
- Visit Grevein Chianti, one of the most beautiful squares in the region
- Visit Antica Macellaria Falorni, a butchers and restaurant famous for the quality of local products
- Journey by fully-fitted GT Coach
- Expert multilingual guide
- Visit to two different wine estates with tour to the wine cellars
- Sampling of wines and extra-virgin olive oil
- Possibility of buying wine, oil, balsamic vinegar and other regional products
- Free visit of Greve in Chianti
Meet at Piazzale Montelungo, at the “TICKETS & NEWS” Kiosk (next to Santa Maria Novella train station) 14:15 in time for the tour to start at 14:30.