3-Day Cooking Intensive in Tuscany
Roll up your sleeves and prepare to get well and truly stuck into Tuscan cuisine, on a 3-day cooking where you will learn to craft a vast array of authentic Italian dishes in a traditional 13th-century villa.
Highlights of the Trip
- Prepare authentic Tuscan recipes with fresh ingredients produced on the estate
- Includes locally produced wines to accompany your meals
- Learn traditional Italian cooking methods to take home with you
Impress even the most experienced ‘foodies’ after taking this amazing Tuscan immersion cooking course. Ideal for those who want to return home with an expansive collection of Italian recipes and cooking skills, you’ll learn to prepare and cook a wide range of innovative, authentic Tuscan specialities.
You will learn from a local, professional chef, who will teach you to prepare a decadent Italian meal that pulls out all the stops, using only the freshest ingredients.
Your cooking lesson will start with making Italian breads, flavoursome risotto and stuffed pastas such as ravioli and lasagne. You will also learn how to colour pasta, and make the surprisingly simple, delicious sauces made with fresh ingredients produced on the school’s estate.
The menu changes daily according to the seasons to ensure you cook with the freshest possible, locally produced ingredients. It consists of at least 5 courses, all unique in flavour and involving different cooking techniques so that you head home with a wide variety of Italian kitchen skills.
When your food is ready, you and your fellow cooks will sit down with the chef and eat the delicious Italian meal you have prepared, accompanied by a glass of wine produced on the school’s estate.
- 3 day course with 5 hours of group cooking lessons each day
- Learn to cook at least 5 courses each day, menus change daily
- Lessons start at 10am each morning and end around 3pm
- The delicious food you have prepared each day
- Local wine to accompany your meal
- 150 page Tuscan Recipe book to take home with you
- The school’s signature apron
- Cooking materials and ingredients
What's Not Included
- Please note: accommodation is NOT included in this course, and you will need to organise your own accommodation in Florence
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
This wonderful cookery school is set in a magnificent 13th-century villa on the outskirts of Florence. A stunning showcase of Renaissance architecture, the villa is also surrounded by a beautiful estate of manicured gardens, thickly wooded forests, sun-dappled vineyards and ancient olive groves.
A transfer service is offered from a central point in Florence for just €12.50 return, per person daily. Alternatively, you can be picked up from your hotel for €25.00 per person return. To book this, simply contact your host after booking and pay locally.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all levels, from beginners to advanced
– Minimum age 10
When can I start?
– Classes run on selected dates throughout the year
– Please note: this cookery school is closed from mid-November to mid-March
– This cookery school is not located in the centre of Florence, but it does offer a transfer service from a central meeting point in Florence city centre to the cooking school return each day
– This transfer MUST be booked in advance via the school and paid for on arrival
– Gluten and celiac free guests are more than welcome and can participate in any of the cooking holidays. You’ll learn to make gluten free pastas, breads and desserts on a separate table, using separate utensils and ovens.
– Celiac and gluten free participants have become common, and our hosts and chefs are very familiar with it, and able to teach amazing Italian food and recipes.