Pasta Making Course and Market Visit
Join Fabio on this one day cooking class in Fabio’s private city centre apartment right in the centre of Rome near the Spanish Steps for a fun pasta making morning and walking tour of the local food shops and the famous Campo de' Fiori food market.
Set just two blocks from the Spanish Steps right in the centre of Rome, is enthusiastic cook Fabio’s private apartment where you’ll learn Italian cooking techniques and the skills to cook delicious Italian dishes with a focus on making fresh pasta dishes.
Under the guidance of your fun and friendly Italian host Fabio who is passionate about Italian cooking, you will immerse yourself in Italian life to discover the gastronomic delights of Rome.
The aim of the course is to give you the techniques needed to cook different pasta dishes as well as one meat dish (vegetarians can be catered for) that will give you the skills to make and cook delicious fresh pasta to impress your friends back home.
Before the pasta making class Fabio will take you on a walking tour of Rome’s food shops ending up at the famous Rome outdoor food market the Campo de’ Fiori.
Discover the gastronomic delights of Rome on this unique food walking tour and pasta making course that promises not just a culinary but also a cultural experience.
Go learn to cook in the private kitchen of cook Fabio in his own beautiful apartment set just two blocks away from the famous Spanish Steps in the centre of Rome.
Fabio has exceptional culinary skills and food knowledge and will teach cooking techniques rather than recipes to give you the skills to create your own recipes and delicious Italian dishes back home.
Rome will captivate you; the city is bursting with original classics from the Coliseum to the Forum with Renaissance, Baroque, Neoclassical and Modernist architectural influences at every turn.
Fabio also takes you on a walking tour of Rome’s hidden food shops to give you a culinary insight into this stunning city. You will see Rome through the eyes of a local and find fresh ingredients in the fantastic Campo De’ Fiori outdoor market.
In a fun and informal setting you will learn to cook delicious recipes that will take you on not only a culinary journey but also a cultural one.
– Learn to cook in the kitchen of your host’s home
– Located just two blocks from the Spanish Steps in central Rome
– Learn the techniques to cook regional dishes with a focus on pasta, full of flavour and simple to prepare and recreate once back home
– Cook with friendly and easy going Fabio
– Hands-on classes with small groups for personal attention
– Discover delicious wines from the region
– See Rome through the eyes of a local at the famous outdoor market the Campo Dei Fiori
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Rome has two airports and the city can be reached from either of them by bus or by train.
The apartment is within easy walking distance of the Spanish Steps in central Rome.
Full, detailed directions will be shown on your booking confirmation voucher.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all levels from complete beginners to experienced foodies
– Minimum age: 10 (children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult) with no upper age limit
When can I start?
– This Italian cooking course in Rome runs daily year round with the exception of Sundays and public holidays
– Courses start at 9.30am with around a 1 hour walking tour of the food shops and market before the cooking class and finish at around 3pm after lunch
– Meet at the meeting point in central Rome around 9.30am to start your walking tour of the local food and wine shops and the Campo de’ Fiori market before heading to Fabio’s apartment for your pasta making cooking class
– Cooking classes run for around 4 hours and you’ll stay a while after cooking to sit down together to enjoy the meal you’ve learned to cook, accompanied by local wines from the region finishing about 3pm in the afternoon
What will I learn?
– During your walking tour, you’ll discover more about the local food shops and history of Rome’s culinary dishes as you walk around the Campo de’ Fiori market and the food shops which the locals frequent
– Courses concentrate on techniques to make fresh pasta with sauces although you will also learn to make a meat dish (vegetarians can be catered for)
– At the start of your day, Fabio will discuss the day’s menu and what you will cover during your one day cooking course
Sample Italian menus
Dishes vary according to the season and what food is available but may include:
– Pasta with ragu
– Gnocchi with gorgonzola cheese sauce
– Pumpkin ravioli
– Tortellini with walnut sauce
– Artichoke ravioli
– A typical meat dish such as involtini with wine sauce as a main course
– Local wines are carefully chosen to accompany the food you’ve learned to cook
– Dietary requests can be catered for including vegetarians if advised at the time of booking
About your chef
– Your host is Fabio who is passionate about cooking and passing on his skills to teach you how to cook using tried and tested techniques
– Please note that in the rare event that Fabio is unavailable, your class will be taken by another of the school’s equally amazing and knowledgeable chefs