Mathikettan Shola Rainforest trek
Trek through Mathikettan Shola National Park – get a unique opportunity to experience the biodiversity of the plants and animals endemic to the region
Highlights of the Trip
• Trek through Mathikettan Shola National Park
• Opportunity to sight the Malabar Giant Squirrel, Gaur, Sambar and Elephants
• Experience the Sholas- high altitude rainforests
• Walk through the spice plantations
Reach Thondimala by 09.00 am. After a small warm up and a briefing we will start our trek towards Mathikettan Shola National Park, home to a wide variety of flora and fauna including the Malabar Giant Squirrel, gaur, sambar and elephants. Walk begins with Shola forest- High altitude rainforests which is known for its unique biodiversity of plants and animals. We will continue our walk through the plantations until we reach Shantanpara.
• Accompanying Guide and Forest Guard
• Entrance and Permissions to enter National Park
• Packed lunch
• Refreshment and mineral water while trekking
What's Not Included
• Pick up and drop to airport
• Tips to guide/driver
The tour begins at Thondimala at 09:00, please arrive in good time for the experience.