One Day French Cookery Course Provence
Enhance your trip to Provence with this whirlwind day cooking lesson which starts with a tour of Aix and continues with local culinary stops on the way to your cookery lesson; learn regional secrets, get your hands dirty in the country kitchen, and complete the day with a feast fit for a French King.
Highlights of the Trip
- Includes a stop at a local Chateau to pick up some local wine.
- Lovely coutryside location just 15 minutes from the centre of Aix.
- Return transfers to and from the centre of Aix to the cookery school.
Your holiday in Provence will be greatly enriched by this inspiring one day cookery lesson which will provide insights only known to a local as you step out for a day exploring Aix-en-Provence and discover all the local cooking secrets.
The cookery school is located a mere 15 minute drive from the centre of Aix-en-Provence, and you will join your party at the Aix-en-Provence tourism office and be whisked away to begin your culinary day, without need to worry about a car or public transport – you will be taken care of upon arrival.
Start your culinary adventure with a tour of Aix, guided by your chef and host, Gilles, before heading to the local market to purchase the fresh seasonal ingredients for that days menu. On your way to your country kitchen, you will stop off at a Chateau for some local French wine.
During the hands-on French cookery lesson, you’ll prepare a carefully thought out 3 course menu cooking classic French dishes as delicious appetizers, meat or seafood, gorgeous vegetable side dishes, and of course dessert. As well as local cheese always appearing on the menu!
Daily menus are based on local cuisine using locally sourced and, where possible, organic produce and will vary depending on the season. The menu of the day will be influenced on what are the freshest and best quality ingredients that day. After your cooking lesson, you’ll sit down together and enjoy the wonderful meal you have prepared with local wine and cheese.
Finish your day full of food, wine, culture, new friends and new Provencal recipes that you can re-create and share for your loved ones back home.
- 3 hour hands-on French cookery lesson
- Cooking lessons will be held in English
- All ingredients
- Cooking materials
- A tour of Aix-en-Provence and the market
- A stop at a local Chateau for wine tasting
- Transfers to and from the meeting point (Aix-en-Provence tourism office) to the kitchen
- A scenic drive through Montaiguet Forest on your return to Aix
- The meal you’ve cooked with wine and drinks
- Your recipes emailed to you
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
Located in the countryside just outside of Aix-en-Provence, is your gorgeous farmhouse cooking school nestled on 12 acres of lush property. No Provencal kitchen would be complete without a wild Provencal ‘Garrigue’, filled with aromatic herbs for you to wander through, gather and add to your dishes of the day.
This cooking class in Provence, will not be scholastic or academic, but more of a genuine experience about cooking, meeting people and sharing the love for the finer things in life-cooking, food & wine. Get immersed in an authentic Provencal atmosphere with Gilles.
– Set in the Provence countryside on 12 acres of land
– Meeting point in the centre of Aix-en-Provence with transport to and from the farmhouse included
– Just 10 minutes from the centre of Aix-en-Provence
– Classes taught by English speaking chef with years of experience
– Fun, relaxed and sociable atmosphere
Who is it suitable for?
– Cookery classes are suitable for all levels from complete beginners to experienced cooks
– Minimum age 10 (under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult)
– Your chef is French but lessons will be held in English
I’m travelling solo – can I join?
– These cookery classes are perfect for solo travellers and singles are welcome to join an existing group
When can I start?
– The cooking school is open year round with the exception of French holidays and Christmas
– Cooking classes tend to run on most Tuesdays & Thursdays throughout the year with some additional start dates during the summer; please contact us with your preferred dates and we will check what is available for you
– Classes start at 9:30am and finish around 3:30pm depending on how long you linger over lunch