Photography Holiday in Dordogne
Unleash the creative within on this fantastic 7 night photography holiday set in the Dordogne and allow your photography skills to develop and flourish through small group and individual tuition during fun, organised excursions to fantastic local sites in this stunning region of France.
Highlights of the Trip
- Expert tutor with 18 years of experience to teach, guide & inspire you.
- Local photography excursion to put skill into practice on location.
- Delicious 4 course meals every night & all other meals are included.
This photography holiday beautifully combines intensive teaching sessions with plenty of free time to ensure that you get the most out of your photography holiday. The small class sizes mean that this holiday can be tailored to your individual needs and preferences and you will receive large amounts of individual advice and attention.
Your hosts believe that despite the fantastic development of the digital camera, the basics of taking a good photograph remain as fundamental today as they were a century ago. During this 7 night / 8 day photography holiday you will be given expert tuition to improve your understanding and use of light, technique and composition in order to transform your photographic abilities.
Your photography classes will have no more than 4 students to maintain a high level of one-to-one tuition and you will develop your photograph composition and technique as well as your ability to manipulate and adjust your photographs using state of the art technology in the onsite studio set up.
In addition, you will be taken on 6 planned excursions. Enjoyable visits to stunning countryside locations, a traditional French chateau and the vibrant local market will give you the opportunity to take beautiful photos and learn how to put your newly found photography skills to the test on the go.
You can to stay in your lovely accommodation with WiFi, a flat screen TV and ensuite bathroom and there are no single supplements for solo travellers. A reduced price is available for a non participating partner who would like to join you without taking part in the photography lessons.
- 7 nights accommodation in twin or double ensuite room with WiFi and a flat screen television
- 6 photography excursions into the surrounding villages and countryside
- All transportation for photography excursions
- One-to-one photographic tuition and advice from cameras and lenses to the fundamentals of successful composition and getting the best from state-of-the art software
- 24/7 access to your own dedicated Apple Mac workstation with Photoshop CS6 for the duration of your stay
- A full studio set up for you to link your camera into and use at your leisure of with tuition
- Access to Epson R3000 A3+ printer
- All meals are included
- Daily choice of breakfast and a 4 course evening meal
- Arrive on day 1 from 3pm and check out on day 8 at 10am
What's Not Included
- Personal Expenses
This charming photography school in the Dordogne region of France provides top quality facilities, accommodation and cuisine. Set in a pretty and traditional village just 6 miles from Brantôme, the photography school provides peaceful countryside photo-shoot locations as well as exciting and equally photogenic excursions to nearby sites of interest.
– One-to-one tuition with small workshops to ensure you get the individual attention and assistance that you require
– Visits to lovely local locations for inspiring photo-shoot opportunities
– Ensuite rooms in charming 17th century accommodation with WiFi and a flat screen TV
– Reduced rate for a non-participating partner available
– No single supplements for solo travellers
– State of the art software, computers and photographic equipment
– Access to your own dedicated Apple Mac Workstation with Photoshop CS6 for the duration of your stay
– Delicious homemade 4-course evening meals with wine
– Accommodating hostess Pam ensures vegetarian/gluten free and low calorie meal options always available (please inform us of dietary requirements at time of booking)
– Less than 50 miles from Bergerac and Limoges airports
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Bergerac (37 miles away) or you can also fly to Limoges (42 miles away)
Pre-booked transfers from Bergerac or Limoges airport:
Transfers can be organised from Bergerac or Limoges airport for €50 Euros per journey, and Angouleme station for €40 and can be booked and arranged post-booking directly with the photography school.
Travelling by train
France is famous for its high speed train service and Angouleme train station (TGV) is just 32 miles from the school. You can arrange a transfer with the photography school post-booking at an extra cost of €40 Euros each way per person.
Car hire is recommended as it gives you the opportunity to explore the surrounding region before and after your photography classes and there is parking onsite.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all levels from beginners to advanced
– Under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult
– Courses have a maximum of 4 people in each group, singles are very welcome as you’ll meet others with a passion for photography and there are NO single supplements
When does it run?
– Photography holidays are 7 nights / 8 days
– Check in from 3pm on day 1, and check out at 10am on day 8
March 14, 21, 28
April 11, 18, 25
May 16, 23
June 6, 13, 20
July 4, 11, 18
August 8, 29
September 5, 12, 26
October 3, 10, 24, 31
What should I bring?
– You will need your camera, batteries/chargers and memory cards as well as any other equipment you may want to bring along with you
– Comfortable, weather proof clothing is essential as you will be out and about in the local area