Perfume Making Holiday
Set in a lovely 4 star hotel in the heart of France's perfume capital Grasse, this 2 night perfume making break will inspire you with the aromas of this enchanting area of France; discover the secrets of traditional perfumers on your 2 days of 'Rose of May' and 'Organ of Flavours' courses.
Highlights of the Trip
- Personal perfume making assessment and daily tuition.
- Accommodation just a 10 minute walk from the perfume studio.
- Set in a stunning location just outside of Grasse, the capital of perfume.
Set in Grasse, the beautiful French town surrounded by rolling fields of lavender, jasmine, mimosa, orange blossom and violets, your hotel provides the perfect base for a perfume making holiday. Just 30 minutes from Nice airport and 15 minutes from the main Boulevard in Cannes, the perfume school and fragrance studio is also just 800 metres away from the hotel.
On both days the enthusiastic and engaging professionals will guide you through the architecture of a good perfume’s top, middle and base notes. You will learn about the different families of scents along with their typical ingredients and discover the secrets of achieving a truly harmonious combination for the perfect perfume.
The Rose of May perfume course will encourage you to explore your creative side and imagination to create your own perfume which you can take home in a personalised perfume bottle.
On the Organ of Flavours course, you will learn how to make your own unique home fragrance inspired by over 40 culinary scents, from summer scents, childhood flavours and oriental spices. You’ll choose your scents from within a chosen menu relating to cuisine and aromas that will stimulate your olfactory memory and your taste buds to create a delicious personal home fragrance.
Your bespoke home fragrance will be structured just like a real perfume as you compose the base (starter), the heart (main course) and top notes (dessert) as you choose from an Organ of over 40 fragrances under the guidance of a Creation Master.
Please note the perfume school is closed on Sunday from October to March (approx.) so no lessons can take place on this day.
- 2 nights accommodation in a private twin/double room with ensuite bathroom at the 4* Best Western Elixir Grasse in Grasse
- 2 hours of perfume making tuition at 10am (day 2)
- 1.5 hours of home fragrance tuition at 10am (day 3)
- All course materials
- 15 ml bottle of the school’s latest perfume creation
- 100ml French crafted vaporizer bottle of your own signature perfume
- 100ml French crafted vaporizer bottle of your own signature Home Fragrance and it’s matching scent diffuser with reeds
- Your unique formulas will be registered and kept in a confidential data bank and may be re-ordered at your convenience
- Diploma ceremony
- Glass of champagne
- Breakfast daily
- Check in any time after 2pm on day 1 and check out by 11am on day 3
- A tour of the perfume factory
- You need make your own way to the factory which is a 10 minutes walk from the perfume school and the walk is quite steep. You also need to walk from the hotel to the perfume school, the walk is about 15 minutes
- Please note: you will be in tuition until 12am on the day of departure so please inform us at the time of booking if you have early flights on day 3 and we will do our best to accommodate your second lesson on day 2
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Tourist tax (paid locally)
- Lunches and dinners
- Personal expenses
Grasse is a charming medieval village that has enjoyed a prospering perfume industry since the 17th century, producing over two-thirds of France’s natural aromas used both for perfume and in produce.
The perfume school itself was established in the 18th century and is part of the oldest Perfumery in France. It supplied the court of King Louis over 250 years ago with olive oils, pastes and perfumes and is also home to the famous Chanel number 5 and other great perfume creations.
– 30 minutes from Nice airport
– 10 minutes from Cannes
– Charming medieval village
– Perfect setting for exploring Nice and Cannes
– Perfume makers following a 250 year old tradition
– Traditional factory and museum antique production equipment
– Laboratory and conditioning room where the origins of perfume can be traced
– A fully equipped fragrance studio
– Guided visits in all major European languages
– Accommodation on the perfume breaks is offered at the 4* Best Western Elixir Grasse is a 40 minute walk from Grasse centre or a short bus ride
– The hotel is a 15 minute walk from the hotel (800 metres) or 1 stop on the bus
– It is a 10 minute walk from the perfume studio to the factory for the tour
– Grasse is very hilly and steep which adds to its charm
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
A taxi from Nice airport to the perfume school takes approximately 30 minutes and costs around €80. Uber taxis are also available from Nice airport.
From Nice airport to the hotel it will take around 1 hour 30 minutes by bus. You will take two buses – one from the airport to Grasse, then one from Grasse to the hotel.
The bus fare is €1.50 each leg of the journey (€5 for a day pass). They can give change on the bus, so you don’t need to have exact amount. Full details and links to schedules will be printed on your booking voucher.
If you are planning to take the train, stop in Cannes and take the bus from Cannes to Grasse. Full details and links to schedules will be printed on your booking voucher.
The Best Western Elixir, your hotel, will give you all necessary information to reach the school in the morning (800 meters from the hotel, 12 minutes walk or 1 stop on the bus).
Who is it suitable for?
– Perfume making holidays are suitable for all levels from beginners seeking an introduction to the joys of perfume making through to advanced practitioners
– Minimum age 8 (under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult)
When can I start?
– Dates are flexible and you can start any day throughout the year
– Perfume making holidays are for 2 nights/3 days
– Please note: you will be in tuition until 12pm on the day of departure please inform us at the time of booking if you have early flights on day 3 and we will do our best to accommodate your second lesson on day 2
– Please note: the perfume school is closed on Sundays from October to March (approx.) and no lessons will take place on a Sunday during this period, scheduled lessons will instead take place on the same day as your other lesson (2 courses in 1 day)
– If you wish to stay for extra nights, please email to check availability for your preferred duration and we will do our best to accommodate you
What can I do in my free time?
– As France’s perfume capital there are so many things to do in this enchanting area of France
– Grasse’s winding streets are fantastic for spellbinding meander through the historical town
– In Grasse you will discover many beautiful squares fountains and cafe and restaurants which are perfect for watching the world go by
– You can visit Notre-Dame du Puy cathedral built in the Provençal Romanesque style in the 11th century
– There are many fields, gardens and conservatories filled with perfumed plants from the region of Grasse, a botanical garden at the Bastide du Parfumeur is a highlight
– The Grasse area is good for outdoor activities, including hiking in the hills horse riding, mountain biking and playing golf and tennis