Paint the South of France
Indulge in delicious food, local wines, delightful sights and individual art tuition on this 6 night painting holiday in France; master new skills in painting and art with a fantastic hands-on teacher who knows how to bring out the best in your work while you stay in a lovely rural French farmhouse!
Highlights of the Trip
- Create and take home a framed piece of your own art work.
- French farmhouse accommodation with swimming pool, gardens & terraces.
- Includes art supplies and home cooked meals served with local wines.
Discover your full potential with a range of paints, time, inspiration and instruction on this 6 night / 7 day painting holiday in France. With trails, animals, an artisan workshop, night markets, local wines, and the finest foods, there is no end to what you can discover here, and what creation will come from it.
Packed with expert tuition and a free day to explore what the region has to offer further afield, this art holiday makes sure you get a taste of it all, while making you feel right at home.
Your host on this creative holiday is the talented and welcoming Jo, whose experience covers all forms of art; from painting with different mediums, to art restoration, conservation, bookbinding, and art history. Her pride and passion is helping you find your inner creativity; at any level you may be at. For the beginner painter, she will help you find the medium right for you and your own unique voice, and for the more experienced, she can help you go to the next level with new materials and a new way to see things.
In your free time, relax in the den, curl up by the wood burning fire with a book and wine in the winter months, and lounge by the pool in the summer. Whatever you do, be sure to make yourself at home, and be prepared to tuck into some delicious home cooked food.
Much more than a painting course, and so much more than a holiday, get the most from this French painting holiday that has thought of every aspect in stunning Bordeaux, and take home some original, framed art work for you, by you, that shows off your emerging talents.
- 6 nights accommodation in a beautifully restored farmhouse
- Please note: prices are per person and based on a double room with ensuite or shared bathroom; please check availability.
- Daily morning and afternoon sketching, painting sessions, art history and tuition
- All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners (aside from your free day on Thursday)
- Wine, beer and drinks with lunches and dinners
- Coffee and tea throughout the day
- The following art supplies: Watercolour paper, Watercolours (tubes), Acrylics (tubes), A selection of brushes, Use of easels and other studio equipment, A3 acid-free mount, A3 Beech frame for your best work to make a great addition to your home
- Use of the pool from May-September
- A transportation to and from the lively local night market on your free day (Thursday)
- Transfer to the local train station
- Check-in and check-out time is flexible; however please note that only breakfast is served on day 7
What's Not Included
- Personal insurance
Just 30 minutes from Bergerac airport, your cosy home away from home was originally owned by vine workers who resided in 3 stone cottages, and has now been beautifully converted into its present form; retaining the intimacy of a cottage whilst being airy and spacious.
Sainte-Foy-La-Grande has a fabulous Saturday farmers’ market, lots of bars & restaurants and its river is the perfect place to stroll, try a gourmet meal in a local restaurant, or have a coffee on the terrace under the old arcades. During the summer months, you’ll be called to the gourmet night markets with music every Thursday night, which your host would be happy to escort you to.
– Conveniently located just 30 minutes from Bergerac airport
– A beautiful rural location surrounded by vineyards, trails, a bamboo forest, pond and terraces
– In-ground pool available from May-September
– Honesty bar for your convenience
– Wood burning stove in the cooler months and electric fans available in the summer
– Accommodation in lovingly restored 18th century vine workers cottage, that has become the modern farmhouse you see today
– Large comfortable double rooms, decorated with comfort and style whilst maintaining many traditional features
– 1 room has a waterbed and ensuite bathroom, whilst the other 2 double rooms share a Jacuzzi bathroom
– Large gardens covering 3 hectares
– Onsite studio on a covered terrace for outdoor inspiration
– 10 minutes from Sainte-Foy-La-Grande, if you feel the need to shop, pop out for a drink, or mingle
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Bergerac (30 minutes by car)
Transfers to and from Bergerac can be pre-booked for approximately €50 each way (this can be shared with other guests).
Nearest train station:
Sainte Foy La Grande (10 minutes by car)
A free pick up service from the train station is provided.
Taxis can be found outside of the airport or train station. If you prefer, your host would be happy to pre-arrange a taxi for you, just let them know.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all painting levels from beginners to advanced
– Minimum age 18
– During this holiday, you are free to work with whatever medium you like, however, the holiday mainly focuses on watercolour and pastel and the various qualities of acrylic and gouache
I’m a solo traveller – can I join?
– Courses have a maximum of 6 people in each group, singles are very welcome as you’ll meet others with a passion for art and there are NO single supplements for those travelling solo
What to bring
– Although supplies are provided (watercolours and acrylics), feel free to bring your favourite brushes, paints, or paper
– Please bring suitable footwear for walking
– Swimming costume if you are visiting during pool season
Restricted mobility access
Please find below some information regarding the accommodation and location of the holiday which may be useful when deciding if this is the right holiday for you; should you have an further questions, please contact us and we will be happy to help
– Although this location does not have official disabled access, the front door is wide enough for a wheelchair
– The main bedroom and ensuite are all on one level and on the ground floor
– There are no cobblestones, however there are slopes. Although not the easiest venue for wheelchairs, your host would be happy to help any way she can
– The shower in the ensuite has one step up into it
– If a person is able to walk but has ‘some’ restrictions then we would need further information concerning their needs and would be very honest if we felt the person could not participate in the activity holidays.