A Typical Day
– Arrive at the school by 8:15am on your first day for a short level test to assess your understanding of the language and be placed in the right group class for your level
– French classes run daily Monday to Friday each week
– Classes start at 9:30am and finish at 1pm
– You will have 3 group classes per day lasting 60 minutes each
– You will have a 30 minute coffee break in the morning
– On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons you will have your cooking lessons from 2:30-5:30pm
– Your cooking lessons will be hands-on as you typically learn to create macarons, eclairs, and Normandy apple tart
What can I do after the language lessons?
– The language school will organise a weekly social activity programme including visits to local sites of interest
– Typical half-day activities during the week are:
Visits to Rouen museums
Visits to local radio or TV stations
Visits to local institutions such as local government authorities
Visits to Rouen’s horticultural gardens and other sights
Sports activities such as swimming or skating
– Typical weekday and Saturday activities (not included in the course fee) are:
Theatre and cinema evenings
Visits to Mont St Michel, WW2 Landing Beaches, Bayeux, Giverny, Etretat, Dieppe, Caen, Camembert, local markets, and many more
– You will also have time to explore the local area and practice your new found language skills or just kick back and relax
Where can I stay?
You’re welcome to make your own arrangements so you can pick accommodation to suit your needs, however, optional accommodation can be booked in addition to your language course with a local host family. You can simply add this option to your booking (for an additional charge) and more information can be found in the FAQs section at the bottom of the page.