One Day French Cooking Course and Market Visit
Start your day with a guided visit to the wonderful Liberation food market in Nice to pick up fresh produce before learning to cook a delicious French 3 course menu with Chef Aude during a fun and friendly French cookery lesson making this the perfect addition to a holiday in Nice.
Highlights of the Trip
- Enjoy a guided tour of the popular Liberation market in Nice.
- Discover local specialities in an exclusive cooking session.
- Learn skills and recipes that you can take home with you.
Begin your French cooking course with a guided walk around Nice’s wonderful Liberation food market popular with the locals with Chef Aude who will show you how to pick local and seasonal produce and will introduce you to local specialities before you head back to the kitchen to begin cooking.
The aim of the cooking course is to take you on both a culinary and cultural journey starting at the market and ending by giving you the skills and techniques to cook a great 3 course French menu, all in a warm and welcoming environment.
You’ll also enjoy an additional, exclusive session with Chef Aude to discover two special dishes for yourself taking home the famous Pissaladière and torte aux blettes sucrée to enjoy at your leisure.
Discover the gastronomic delights of Nice on a wonderful guided tour of one of Nice’s most popular markets and go learn to cook delicious French dishes for the perfect culinary addition to a holiday in Nice.
- 5 hours of culinary activities from 9am to 2pm
- Guided tour of Liberation Market in Nice
- Cooking lesson preparing a 3-course meal followed by lunch
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
Go learn to cook in the relaxed and welcoming cooking school of Chef Aude set in the Borriglione area of Nice which is very close to the wonderful Liberation food market used by locals.
In a fun and informal setting, you will learn to cook delicious French recipes using fresh, local ingredients with an emphasis on Nicoise specialities that will take you on not only a culinary journey but also a cultural one.
– Learn to cook in friendly environment in a boutique cooking school
– Visit one of Nice’s largest fruit and vegetable markets popular with the locals
– Learn to cook regional dishes, full of flavour and simple to prepare and recreate once back home
– Cook with warm and welcoming, professional Chef Aude who has many years experience
– Hands-on classes in small groups for personal attention
– Discover a host of Nicoise speciality dishes from the region
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
The cooking course is located just a few kilometres from Nice airport, a taxi costs around 10-15 Euros.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all levels from complete beginners to experienced foodies
– Your chef is French but Chef Aude also speaks English
– Please note: Lessons are conducted primarily in French and French locals also participate in the classes, some English translation might be offered depending on the class size, but French is the primary language for the class
– Minimum age: 14 (children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult)
Can I bring a non-cooking guest?
– Non cooking guests are welcome to join you for the meal at the end of the course for a small cost
When can I start?
– This French cooking course in Nice runs on Tuesdays year round
– Market visits start at 9am followed by cooking lessons starting around an hour later
– Please note that the cookery school is closed 9-14 March and 10 August – 5 September in 2020
– Other days of the week may be available on request, please email [email protected] with your preferred date to check availability