Immerse yourself in the French way of life combining language, culture and cuisine on this fantastic 2 week beginners French and cookery course where you will learn the secrets of creating delicious French food in the beautiful sunny city of Nice.
Whatever your language level, immerse yourself in the French language and rich culture in the world capital of gastronomy combining a French and cooking course in France’s sunshine city of Nice.
The Cote d’Azur is a fantastic place to learn to speak French and to cook like a professional combining new flavours and techniques.
Your beginner’s French course will be taught by highly qualified native French speakers who have been trained and are experienced in the best possible teaching methods.
Your French cooking classes will be taught in a local cooking boutique with an enthusiastic and professional Chef where you will learn how to complete delicious and regional French menus with seasonal and fresh ingredients that you will be able to recreate at home.
Learn to speak French as you cook delicious local dishes.
Located close to Nice's beautiful beaches.
Cultural and social activities programme to experience the best of Nice.
Your Local Host:
French Language School in Paris, Nice & Biarritz
This award-winning friendly French language school has taught French as a foreign language since 1976 and gives students the opportunity to study in Paris, Biarritz or Nice. There are two locations in the centre of Paris, Notre Dame and Victor Hugo, a few minutes walk from the Champs Elysées. The location is Biarritz is minutes from the beach, while in Nice the school is situated in the Liberation-Borriglione quartier.
– You will be placed in one of the three following groups depending on your level and the group you are placed in will be confirmed to you during your induction on Monday morning:
– Group 1 = Tuesday to Friday 8:45am – 12:45pm
– Group 2 = Monday to Friday 13:45 – 17:00
– Group 3 = Monday to Friday 16:15 – 19:30
– You will have a short coffee break during your lessons
– You will have two, three hour cooking classes per week
– Days and time to be confirmed on arrival in conjunction with your language class times
What can I do in my free time?
Many people on these holiday courses travel solo as they make perfect singles holidays so the language school organises a host of social and cultural activities each week to help you to get to know your fellow classmates and to integrate you into the French way of life, some activities are free and others have a small charge and may include:
– Optional trips to Monaco, Cannes and many more Cote d’Azur highlights
– Museum and gallery visits
– Water sports and a golf course are close to the school and during the winter months snow skiing is available just an hour away
– You will have plenty of free time to explore the local area and practice your new-found language skills or just kick back and relax on this language learning holiday
Where can I stay?
You’re welcome to make your own arrangements so you can pick accommodation to suit your needs, however, optional accommodation can be booked in addition to your language course with a local host family. You can simply add this option to your booking (for an additional charge) and more information can be found in the FAQs section at the bottom of the page.
In Nice, you are never too far to wander the beach and promenade! During the evening, you can take in the chic bars and restaurants dotted along the seafront and see what has attracted so many people to Nice over the years.
– Located on the edge of Liberation-Borriglione quartier
– 1km / 10 minutes from Nice train station
– Set in a typical provincial house
– Private outdoor terrace with deckchairs and tables
– WiFi throughout the building
– Air conditioning
– Student lounge with 5 computers for students to use
– 7 well-equipped classrooms
– Wheelchair accessible
– Offers a host of optional social & cultural activities
Nearest Airport: Nice – approximately 10 minutes from the school.
20 Group French language lessons each week lasting 45 minutes each
2 three hour French cooking lessons and a sit down meal afterwards each week (the exact day and time of your cooking classes will be confirmed on arrival)
The cooking boutique is a 20 – 25 minute walk from the language school
All cooking materials and ingredients
A French language level test at 9am
Internet / WiFi Access
Optional social and cultural activities (some with small charge)
Course completion certificate
Please note that text books are not included in the price and cost between 26-40 Euros payable on arrival
Accommodation (but can be added)
Books (26-40 Euros payable on arrival)
- Suitable for all language levels from beginner to advanced
- Cooking lessons are suitable for all levels of culinary expertise, beginners and advanced
- Minimum age 16
- Please note if you are aged 16 you will need to complete a parental consent form after booking and if you decide to book accommodation you will need to book a minimum of half-board home stay
- The school is open year round with a break for Christmas
- French courses start on Mondays throughout the year with set dates for beginners
- Please note the cooking course is not available in August
- If you book the optional accommodation with this learning holiday, you’ll check-in on Sunday before the course starts
- You are requested to complete a compulsory level test in advance of arrival so the course organisers can place you in the right group for your level (the test link will be on your confirmation voucher)
- Please arrive at the school by 9am on your first day for a short oral language test
- This test will assess your understanding of the language and will help the course organisers to place you in the right group class for your level
Please note the school will be closed on the following days:
13, 24 May
1, 11 November
Choose a Home Stay with a local family to enhance your language learning experience. Your hosts may be a couple, family or a single person. All hosts are sociable, like to meet new people and can give a warm welcome to students giving you the opportunity to practice your language skills on a daily basis. You will have your own private room and will share a bathroom. Rooms are safe, clean and are all inspected and approved by the school on a regular basis. You will be provided with breakfast and room prices run from Sunday evening before your course starts to the Saturday morning after your course has finished. Home Stay accommodation is always located within 40 minutes of the school (30 minute walk or up to 40 minutes by public transport, alternatively you can pay a supplement of €45 per week for accommodation within a 25 minute walk) and you are completely free to come and go as you please and will have your own key. Please note it is recommended, when possible and depending on the flight’s arrival time, to arrive at the family after 6pm on Sundays. For arrivals before 6pm, the student must inform the host family or the language school at least a week before the trip. For arrivals before 3pm, an early check-in fee of 30 euros will be charged. Departures are on Saturdays before noon. If you have any special requests such as non-smoking, no pets, allergies and so on, please note these in the special requests box during the booking process. These requests will be accommodated where possible but cannot be guaranteed. Please note you will be asked for a refundable deposit of 100 Euros on arrival for breakages.