French & Cooking Course
Whatever your level, elementary to advanced, immerse yourself in the French language and rich culture in the world capital of gastronomy combining a French and cooking course in France’s sunshine city of Nice.
The Cote d’Azur is a fantastic place to learn to speak French and to cook like a professional combining new flavours and techniques.
Your French course will be taught by highly qualified native French speakers who have been trained and are experienced in the best possible teaching methods.
Your French cooking classes will be taught in a local cooking boutique with an enthusiastic and professional Chef where you will learn how to complete delicious and regional French menus with seasonal and fresh ingredients that you will be able to recreate at home.
PLEASE NOTE – the course begins on Mondays – please select a Monday in the calendar to book!
This award winning language school has taught French as a foreign language since 1976 and it is located in the wonderful city of Nice on the glamorous Cote d’Azur in the south of France.
French lessons are held in a beautiful provincial style French building over 2 floors and the school boasts 7 well equipped and recently renovated classrooms. You will also have access to a student lounge, 5 computers, vending machines and find WiFi access throughout the building. The star of the show is the private outdoor terrace area complete with deck chairs and tables and chairs creating the ideal environment in which to learn French.
In Nice, you are never too far from the beach and promenade where you can relax after your language lessons. During the evening, you can take in the chic bars and restaurants dotted along the seafront and see what has attracted so many people to Nice over the years.
– Located on the edge of Liberation-Borriglione quartier
– 1km / 10 minutes from Nice train station
– Set in a typical provincial house
– Private outdoor terrace with deckchairs and tables
– WiFi throughout the building
– Air conditioning
– Student lounge
– 5 computers for students to use
– Vending machines
– 7 well equipped classrooms
– Wheelchair accessible
– Offers a host of optional social & cultural activities
– Winner of the language travel award two years running
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for elementary to advanced French learners
– Please note this is NOT suitable for beginner French levels
– Cooking lessons are suitable for all levels of culinary expertise, beginners and advanced
– If you are a beginner, please click on the following link to view suitable French courses for your level – Beginners French and cooking course
– Minimum age 16
– Please note if you are aged 16 you will need to complete a parental consent form after booking and if you decide to book accommodation you will need to book a minimum of half-board home stay
Who will I meet?
– People come from all over the world and you’ll never be placed in a class with just English speakers so that you use the language you are learning rather than resorting to chatting in English
– Ages vary, but the typical language learner falls in to the 20-60 age bracket though we have no age limit and we’ve had guests in their 70’s and 80’s studying languages with us
– During the summer and in university holiday times the average age typically drops and there are many guests in their 20’s
– Over 90% of our language learners travel solo and every school organises social and cultural activities to help you get to know others at the school outside of class
– Of course, everyone shares a passion or interest in discovering a new language and culture
When can I start?
– The school is open year round with a break for Christmas
– French courses start on selected Mondays throughout the year
– If you book the optional accommodation with this learning holiday, you’ll check-in on Sunday before the course starts
How will I learn French?
– French courses are focused on having fun and classes are highly interactive
– You will focus on the four main French language skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening
– There will be individual and group work such as role plays and conversation practice
– You’ll also work on developing your grammar in practical contexts
– You will learn with a wide range of teaching aids; language text books, French press, audio/video, French songs or games and each week your linguistic skills are assessed to ensure you are always in the right group for your level
– Please note all French lessons will be held in the native language of French; a proven teaching technique that will fully immerse you in the language and accelerate your learning experience
What will I learn during the cookery course?
– Nice is famous for its flavours and fresh ingredients and you will learn how to use these in this hands-on cooking course developing a new method of cooking
– Cooking courses are held in the chef’s cooking boutique a short walk from the language school
– You will learn new culinary techniques with a friendly and qualified Chef who has many years experience
– You will learn to create 2 full French menus including starter, main and dessert
– The dishes demonstrate simple classic French cuisine which you will be able to recreate when you are back home
– The course will encourage you to practise your French and develop your understanding and knowledge of French vocabulary in a fun and relaxed atmosphere
Please note that these are sample dishes and are subject to change with the seasons and availability of fresh, local ingredients:
– King Prawns en croûte de chapelure d’orange
– Slow cooked pork tenderloin in a golden crust
– Chocolate Crémeux and lightly spiced crumble
– Egg ‘en neige’ served with a fondant heart and chorizo
– Pavé of fish with olives, bacon and slow cooked fava beans
– Millefeuille, caramelised mango and ice cream
– Crispy pastry St. Marcellin style with sun-dried tomatoes
– Volaille with cashew nuts and baby vegetables
– Mascarpone mouse, grapefruit cream and meringue
French language level test
– You are requested to complete a compulsory level test in advance of arrival so the course organisers can place you in the right group for your level (the test link will be on your confirmation voucher)
– Please arrive at the school by 9am on your first day for a short oral language test
– This test will assess your understanding of the language and will help the course organisers to place you in the right group class for your level
Where can I stay?
– This language school offers a choice of optional accommodation either staying with a local French family to immerse yourself in the French culture and practice your French
– Accommodation details can be seen under the ‘Optional accommodation’ tab and can be added during the booking process
– Please note that this school charges a compulsory enrolment fee and text book fee, these are not included in the price and will be charged as an extra during the booking process, click on ‘Costings & extras’ to check the prices
– This school charges a text book fee which is not included in the price (26-40 Euros paid directly to the school)