French & Cooking Course
Immerse yourself in the French way of life combining language, culture and cuisine on this fantastic 2 week beginners French and cookery course where you will learn the secrets of creating delicious French food in the beautiful sunny city of Nice.
Highlights of the Trip
- Learn to speak French as you cook delicious local dishes.
- Located close to Nice’s beautiful beaches.
- Cultural and social activities programme to experience the best of Nice.
Whatever your language level, immerse yourself in the French language and rich culture in the world capital of gastronomy combining a French and cooking course in France’s sunshine city of Nice.
The Cote d’Azur is a fantastic place to learn to speak French and to cook like a professional combining new flavours and techniques.
Your beginner’s French course will be taught by highly qualified native French speakers who have been trained and are experienced in the best possible teaching methods.
Your French cooking classes will be taught in a local cooking boutique with an enthusiastic and professional Chef where you will learn how to complete delicious and regional French menus with seasonal and fresh ingredients that you will be able to recreate at home.
- 20 Group French language lessons each week lasting 45 minutes each
- 2 three hour French cooking lessons and a sit down meal afterwards each week (the exact day and time of your cooking classes will be confirmed on arrival)
- The cooking boutique is a 20 – 25 minute walk from the language school
- All cooking materials and ingredients
- A French language level test at 9am
- Internet / WiFi Access
- Optional social and cultural activities (some with small charge)
- Course completion certificate
- Enrolment fee
- Please note that text books are not included in the price and cost between 26-40 Euros payable on arrival
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Accommodation (but can be added)
- Books (26-40 Euros payable on arrival)
This award winning language school has taught French as a foreign language since 1976 and it is located in the wonderful city of Nice on the glamorous Cote d’Azur in the south of France.
French lessons are held in a beautiful provincial style French building over 2 floors and the school boasts 7 well equipped and recently renovated classrooms. You will also have access to a student lounge, 5 computers, vending machines and find WiFi access throughout the building. The star of the show is the private outdoor terrace area complete with deck chairs and tables and chairs creating the ideal environment in which to learn French.
In Nice, you are never too far from the beach and promenade where you can relax after your language lessons. During the evening, you can take in the chic bars and restaurants dotted along the seafront and see what has attracted so many people to Nice over the years.
– Located on the edge of Liberation-Borriglione quartier
– 1km / 10 minutes from Nice train station
– Set in a typical provincial house
– Private outdoor terrace with deckchairs and tables
– WiFi throughout the building
– Air conditioning
– Student lounge
– 5 computers for students to use
– Vending machines
– 7 well equipped classrooms
– Wheelchair accessible
– Offers a host of optional social & cultural activities
– Winner of the language travel award two years running
Choose a Home Stay with a local family to enhance your language learning experience. Your hosts may be a couple, family or a single person. All hosts are sociable, like to meet new people and can give a warm welcome to students giving you the opportunity to practice your language skills on a daily basis. You will have your own private room and will share a bathroom. Rooms are safe, clean and are all inspected and approved by the school on a regular basis. You will be provided with breakfast and, if chosen, dinner each day and room prices run from Sunday evening before your course starts to the Saturday morning after your course has finished. Home Stay accommodation is always located within 40 minutes of the school (30 minute walk or up to 40 minutes by public transport, alternatively you can pay a supplement of €45 per week for accommodation within a 25 minute walk) and you are completely free to come and go as you please and will have your own key. Please note it is recommended, when possible and depending on the flight’s arrival time, to arrive at the family after 6pm on Sundays. For arrivals before 6pm, the student must inform the host family or the language school at least a week before the trip. For arrivals before 3pm, an early check-in fee of 30 euros will be charged. Departures are on Saturdays before noon. If you have any special requests such as non-smoking, no pets, allergies and so on, please note these in the special requests box during the booking process. These requests will be accommodated where possible but cannot be guaranteed. Please note you will be asked for a refundable deposit of 100 Euros on arrival for breakages.
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
A taxi from the airport to the school will take approximately 10 minutes and cost around €25.
Most people take a taxi as it is a simple and short journey although buses from the train station into the city are also available.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all language levels from beginner to advanced
– Cooking lessons are suitable for all levels of culinary expertise, beginners and advanced
– Minimum age 16
– Please note if you are aged 16 you will need to complete a parental consent form after booking and if you decide to book accommodation you will need to book a minimum of half-board home stay
When can I start?
– The school is open year round with a break for Christmas
– French courses start on Mondays throughout the year with set dates for beginners
– Please note the cooking course is not available in August
– If you book the optional accommodation with this learning holiday, you’ll check-in on Sunday before the course starts
French language level test
– You are requested to complete a compulsory level test in advance of arrival so the course organisers can place you in the right group for your level (the test link will be on your confirmation voucher)
– Please arrive at the school by 9am on your first day for a short oral language test
– This test will assess your understanding of the language and will help the course organisers to place you in the right group class for your level
Public holidays / Closures
Please note the school will be closed on the following days:
1, 8, 21 May
1, 11 November
19 December – 3 January 2021
Classes will not be made up and a €40 discount for each missed day will be given.