A Typical Day
– Classes start at 9am or 1.30pm each day depending on your language level
– Please note that classes start at 9.45am and 2pm on Monday
– Classes run daily Monday through to Friday each week
– You will have 3 group classes per day lasting 45 minutes each
– On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday you will have a 90 minute workshop designed around activities to work on improving and practicing your French language skills in more specific contexts
– There will be a short coffee break between lessons
What can I do after the language lessons?
– Many people on language holidays travel solo so the language school organises a host of social and cultural activities each week to help you to get to know your fellow classmates and to integrate you into the French way of life, some activities are free and others have a small charge and may include:
– Guided tours of the historical town centre of Lyon and its museums and galleries
– Tastings of local products, such as, wine, cheese, chocolate and much more
– Excursions to the Alps to ski in the winter months
– Parties and picnics
– Afternoon trips on the Rhône
– Cinema visits
– Theatre workshops
– You will have plenty of free time to explore the local area and practice your new-found language skills or just kick back and relax on this language learning holiday
Where can I stay?
You’re welcome to make your own arrangements so you can pick accommodation to suit your needs, however, optional accommodation can be booked in addition to your language course with a local host family. You can simply add this option to your booking (for an additional charge) and more information can be found in the FAQs section at the bottom of the page.