Immersive French Course in Lyon
Learn French in Lyon on this popular 1-week French course for all levels from elementary to advanced at this friendly language school; you’ll be amazed at how much you pick up on a French language holiday in Lyon as your lessons can be put into practice outside of the classroom every day!
Highlights of the Trip
- Learn French in Lyon, a recognised UNESCO city.
- Many optional social and cultural activites to choose from.
- Fun intensive and interactive French lessons.
Whatever your level, elementary to advanced; learning French in Lyon is the best way to accelerate your language learning experience. Immerse yourself in the local French culture and progress rapidly practising your new found skills in your free time.
You will be taught by highly qualified native French speakers who have a passion for teaching and use proven teaching techniques. Lessons are highly interactive and taught in French so you will speak French from day 1 both inside and outside of the classroom. With 21 lessons per week, you’ll be progressing your French skills rapidly during your stay.
Get more from your holiday, have fun, meet new people and take home a new language skill that will stay with you forever.
- 21 French language lessons suitable for elementary to advanced levels
- Please note this course is NOT suitable for beginners
- 3, 45 Minute French lessons per day, Monday to Friday starting at 9am or 1.30pm depending on your language level
- 3, 90 minute workshops designed to improve your language skills in more specific contexts
- A French language level test (please arrive at 8am on your first day for a short oral test)
- Internet / WiFi Access
- Optional social and cultural activities (some with small charge)
- Text books and class materials
What's Not Included
Dedicated to teaching French since 1999, this friendly French language school is located on the 1st and 4th floors of a beautiful art deco building in the historical city of Lyon.
Lyon is France’s 2nd largest city and boasts a rich cultural heritage famous for its gastronomy and vineyards and more recently for its football team. At the crossroads of the main European cities, close to the Mediterranean Sea and Alpine ski resorts, Lyon is perfectly located for those looking to learn French in France in a dynamic cultural city.
Your French lessons take place in one of the 9 well equipped classrooms and outside of class, you can check your emails in the student room or relax over a good French coffee and if you want to enhance your language holiday then why not borrow one of the French DVD’s or books from the well equipped library.
Go learn to speak French at this excellent French language school in the UNESCO city of Lyon and brush up on your linguistic skills on a French language holiday.
– Stunning art deco building
– Centrally located in the heart of historical Lyon
– UNESCO site
– 9 well equipped classrooms
– Internet access in the student room
– WiFi access
– Coffee machine and water fountain
– Library with French DVDs and books
– Outdoor smokers area
– Many facilities nearby including cinema, ice rink, swimming pool, Opera house, museums, parks, bars and restaurants
– Offers a host of optional social & cultural activities
– Weekend ski trips to the Alps available
– Trips on the Rhône
Who is this language course suitable for?
– Suitable for elementary to advanced level French learners
– Classes start on Mondays throughout the year
– Please note this course is NOT suitable for beginners
– If you are a beginner, please follow this link to a suitable course: Beginners French Course – 21 Lessons
– Minimum age 18
When can I start?
– The school is open year round with a break for Christmas
– French courses start on Mondays
– If you choose to book the optional accommodation, you will arrive on the Sunday before the course and depart on the Saturday after the course
– Students can also stay more than one week, please contact us on [email protected] for courses lasting 2 weeks to one year
What are the typical students like?
– People come from all over the world and you’ll never be placed in a class with just English speakers so that you use the language you are learning rather than resorting to chatting in English
– Ages vary, but the typical language learner falls in to the 20-60 age bracket though we have no age limit and we’ve had guests in their 70s and 80s studying languages with us
– During the summer and in university holiday times the average age typically drops and there are many guests in their 20s
– Over 90% of our language learners travel solo and every school organises social and cultural activities to help you get to know others at the school outside of class
– Of course, everyone shares a passion or interest in discovering a new language and culture
What can I do after the language lessons?
– Many people on language holidays travel solo so the language school organises a host of social and cultural activities each week to help you to get to know your fellow classmates and to integrate you into the French way of life, some activities are free and others have a small charge and may include:
– Guided tours of the historical town centre of Lyon and its museums and galleries
– Tastings of local products, such as, wine, cheese, chocolate and much more
– Excursions to the Alps to ski in the winter months
– Parties and picnics
– Afternoon trips on the Rhône
– Cinema visits
– Theatre workshops
– You will have plenty of free time to explore the local area and practice your new found language skills or just kick back and relax on this language learning holiday
Where can I stay?
– This language school offers optional accommodation staying with a local French family to immerse yourself in the French culture and practice your French
– More information and prices can be found under the ‘Optional accommodation’ tab