Painting Holiday in Gascony
Learn to paint whilst exploring this beautiful region which will help to inspire your creative side. The region of Gascony is famed for being a culinary haven, having charming local wines, and the allure of Gascony Armagnac. There is so much more than scenery to take in for your art.
Highlights of the Trip
- Improve your painting skills with a local artist.
- Daily outings to vineyards, local markets, galleries & more.
- Stay in a picturesque farmhouse with a large swimming pool.
Your mornings will be spent at the gallery in Condom with Florencia for your art classes. Then, you will head off to lunch either at the farmhouse, or at a local restaurant. Afternoons will be spent with visits to beautiful vineyards for wine tasting, local French markets, an art exhibition and general sightseeing. Dinner will be served back at the farmhouse giving you time to relax in the lounge or by the swimming pool. You could also use this time to take advantage of some of the onsite activities such as table tennis or cycling.
Stay in a stunning renovated farmhouse in the glorious region of Gascony in South West of France with its own swimming pool and 50 acres of land. This is the perfect place to relax and unwind and your hosts Adam and Caroline will be on hand at all times to ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible. There are also no single supplements for solo travellers, making this a fantastic holiday for singles.
- 7 nights accommodation in a private twin/double room with ensuite bathroom
- Prices are based on 1 person in their own private room with en-suite bathroom (no single supplement for a private room)
- If two people travel together and share a room, a discount is offered
- 6 days of breakfast lunch and dinner
- Dinner on the day you check in, and breakfast on the day you depart
- 5 morning painting classes classes
- Chateau visit and wine tasting session
- Excursions to chateaux, markets, and an art exhibition
- Transport to and from all excursions
- All painting equipment and materials
- Pick up and drop off from Agen train station
- Free use of ping-pong and bicycles
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
Set in the heart of Gascony surrounded by 50 acres of private unspoilt meadows, the retreat is tucked away between the pilgrimage route to Saint Jacques de Compostelle and la Chevauchée d’Henri IV. Although the school is a rural retreat, the bustling picturesque towns of Nérac and Condom are within easy reach making it the perfect location for your holiday.
During your course, you will stay in Baron-Figués which is part of a gorgeous 150-year old farmhouse with three beautifully appointed guest en-suite twin/double bedrooms, and one of the main attractions of this farmhouse is its large open plan traditional kitchen. Guests can sit around the homely table, that seats 14 guests, and share delicious meals prepared by Caroline’s husband. There are also no single supplements for solo travellers to have a private room!
Attached to the farmhouse is a recently renovated gite. The gite has been sympathetically restored to a very high standard and also contains two twin/double bedrooms.
All extracurricular activities on your jewellery making holiday are free. So if you don’t feel like taking a trip after your jewellery making lessons you can try on site table tennis, basketball, shooting, archery and cycling, or you may just like to relax by the heated pool with a glass of that soul warming Armagnac. There are also a great selection of board games that will amuse as you while away the warm nights and share company with other guests.
– Tranquil and relaxing rural farmhouse set in the heart of Gascony
– Set in 50 acres of parkland
– An area of incredible natural beauty famous for its gastronomy and wines
– Heated outdoor swimming pool (12m x 6m)
– Free activities: shooting, archery, cycling, board games
– Local markets and a wide range of delightful restaurants from auberge (an intimate Inn) to Michelin star
– Superb luxury renovated farmhouse with 3 double bedrooms
– Luxury renovated gite with 2 twin/double bedrooms
– All twin/double bedrooms have private ensuite bathrooms
– No single supplements for solo travellers
– Open plan farmhouse kitchen and large living area with TV
– In house fully equipped jewellery making studio
– Table tennis, basketball, shooting, archery and cycling facilities on site (free of charge)
– Small group courses giving you maximum attention and tuition
– Close by there are a range of activities from horse riding, kayaking, karting, theme parks and casinos
– Also available locally are wine and Armagnac tasting
– Optional gourmet food course
– Throughout the year there are numerous fetes, music festivals and exhibitions
– Further afield you can visit some wonderful beaches along the Atlantic or Mediterranean coast
– WiFi available
– Easy access from Agen train station (30 min), Bordeaux airport (1hr 40 min) or Toulouse airport (1hr 40 min)
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Toulouse (1hr 40min), Bordeaux (1hr 40min), Pau (2 hours) or Bergerac (2 hours)
Free pre-booked train transfers:
Return transfers to and from Agen train station (30 minutes) are included in the course price.
Trains run from Agen from across the SNCF network from where you can take advantage of the free transfer.
Optional airport transfers:
You can arrange a transfer to take you directly to the farmhouse from Toulouse, Bordeaux, Pau or Bergerac airport once you have booked onto the course. The price of a one way transfer is approximately 170 Euros per car (2-3 people). This price will be set by a local taxi firm, but your hosts will always try to get you the best price.
To book a private transfer to and from Toulouse, Bordeaux, Pau or Bergerac airport, please email your jewellery making teacher after booking your holiday to confirm your flight times and the transfer at least 14 days in advance of arrival.
Car hire is not essential for this holiday if you pre-book a transfer, but please note that there is no public transport to the farmhouse so if you are not taking the transfer, car hire is recommended.
Full, detailed directions will be shown on your booking confirmation voucher.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all levels from beginners to advanced
– Minimum age 18
– Your hosts and tutors speak English and French, and lessons can be taught in English, French or Spanish
I’m travelling solo – can I join?
– These holidays make great singles holidays as there are no single supplements and you will have your own private room for no additional cost
– There is a discount for 2 people travelling together and sharing a room
When can I start?
– This course starts on Thursday and runs on set dates year round
– Courses run for 7 nights / 8 days
– If you can’t find the date you want, we can request additional dates so please email us on [email protected] and we’ll check availability for your preferred day of arrival
About your tutor
– Florencia Cairo was born in Argentina in 1972, and studied at the Facultad de Bellas Artes, at the Universad Nacional de La Plata in Buenos Aires
– She moved to Europe in 1992, where she began her career as a chef, food–stylist and set–designer living and working in Geneva, London and Paris
– If you would like to attend outside the available dates, Florencia will not be available and your art tutor will be another local artist with great experience to guide you through your painting lessons
What will I learn?
– Florencia’s workshops provide a supportive and informal space where you can find the freedom and encouragement to begin practicing fine arts
– Refine existing skills and try different medias
– Explore a range of techniques in painting, printmaking and sculpture
– Develop a wider skill base helping to inject your emotions and ideas into your work
Restricted mobility access
Please find below some information regarding the accommodation and location of the holiday which may be useful when deciding if this is the right holiday for you; should you have an further questions, please contact us and we will be happy to help
– We generally do not recommend this location for those with restricted mobility
– The holiday is based in the countryside, and does include some walking
– The accommodation has no bedrooms or bathrooms on the ground floor, therefore one must be comfortable with stairs
What can I do in my free time?
– During your free time, there is plenty to do at your farmhouse accommodation including relaxing by the heated swimming pool (May-September)
– The school offers a range of extracurricular activities onsite which are free of charge including table tennis, basketball, shooting, archery, cycling and board games to name a few!
– There are numerous fêtes, music festivals and exhibitions in the surrounding areas through the year and your host Caroline will be happy to advise you during your stay
– The closest towns are Nérac and Condom, and your host will be happy to suggest activities and transport should you wish to explore these during your stay