Glass Jewellery Making Short Break
Unleash your creative side and learn to make your own beautiful glass jewellery and small pieces. Caroline will begin with an introduction to glass fusing, including cutting skills and basic techniques. This course is suitable for complete beginners so don't worry if you have never tried anything like this before! You will be amazed at the beautiful pieces you make to take home with you at the end of your trip.
Highlights of the Trip
- Create your own unique glass jewellery to take home with you.
- Stay in a farmhouse with swimming pool and 50 acres of land.
- Price includes all meals, accommodation and jewellery materials.
With expert tuition from your talented tutor Caroline, you’ll learn the art of glass fusing in the well-equipped studio and will design and make exquisite jewellery to take home with you at the end of your trip.
If your partner wishes to stay with you but isn’t as keen to make jewellery, we have the perfect solution. We also offer a 3 night/4 day cookery break which runs is the perfect way to discover the delicious delicacies and tantalising dishes of the region through fun and informal cookery classes and culinary excursions. Caroline’s husband Adam is a passionate cook and he will guide your partner through the delights of French cooking while you share a room with your partner.
Stay in a stunning renovated farmhouse in the glorious region of Gascony in South West of France with its own swimming pool and 50 acres of land. This is the perfect place to relax and unwind and your hosts Adam and Caroline will be on hand at all times to ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible. There are also no single supplements for solo travellers, making this a fantastic holiday for singles.
- 3 nights accommodation in a private twin/double room
- Prices are based on 1 person in their own private room with ensuite bathroom (no single supplement for a private room)
- If two people travel together and share a room, a discount is offered
- 2 glass jewellery making workshops (on days 2 and 3)
- Access to the jewellery studio daily to work on your pieces
- All materials and equipment for glass jewellery making
- Tips on how to start your own jewellery business
- Armagnac distillery visit and tasting session
- Chateau visit and wine tasting session
- Transport to and from all excursions
- All breakfasts, lunches, and 3 course gourmet dinners daily
- All refreshments (including wine etc)
- Pick up and drop off from Agen train station
- Check in any time after 4pm on day 1 and check out by 10am on day 4
What's Not Included
Set in the heart of Gascony surrounded by 50 acres of private unspoilt meadows, the retreat is tucked away between the pilgrimage route to Saint Jacques de Compostelle and la Chevauchée d’Henri IV. Although the school is a rural retreat, the bustling picturesque towns of Nérac and Condom are within easy reach making it the perfect location for your holiday.
During your course, you will stay in Baron-Figués which is part of a gorgeous 150-year old farmhouse with three beautifully appointed guest en-suite twin/double bedrooms, and one of the main attractions of this farmhouse is its large open plan traditional kitchen.
Attached to the farmhouse is a recently renovated gite. The gite has been sympathetically restored to a very high standard and also contains two twin/double bedrooms.
All extracurricular activities on your jewellery making holiday are free. So if you don’t feel like taking a trip after your jewellery making lessons you can try on site table tennis, basketball, shooting, archery and cycling, or you may just like to relax by the heated pool with a glass of that soul warming Armagnac. There are also a great selection of board games that will amuse as you while away the warm nights and share company with other guests.
– Tranquil and relaxing rural farmhouse set in the heart of Gascony
– Set in 50 acres of parkland
– An area of incredible natural beauty famous for its gastronomy and wines
– Heated outdoor swimming pool (12m x 6m)
– Free activities: shooting, archery, cycling, board games
– Local markets and a wide range of delightful restaurants from auberge (an intimate Inn) to Michelin star
– Superb luxury renovated farmhouse with 3 double bedrooms
– Luxury renovated gite with 2 twin/double bedrooms
– All twin/double bedrooms have private ensuite bathrooms
– No single supplements for solo travellers
– Open plan farmhouse kitchen and large living area with TV
– In house fully equipped jewellery making studio
– Table tennis, basketball, shooting, archery and cycling facilities on site (free of charge)
– Small group courses giving you maximum attention and tuition
– Close by there are a range of activities from horse riding, kayaking, karting, theme parks and casinos
– Also available locally are wine and Armagnac tasting
– Optional gourmet food course
– Throughout the year there are numerous fetes, music festivals and exhibitions
– Further afield you can visit some wonderful beaches along the Atlantic or Mediterranean coast
– Wi-Fi available
– Easy access from Agen train station (30 min), Bordeaux airport (1hr 40 min) or Toulouse airport (1hr 40 min)
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Toulouse (1hr 40min), Bordeaux (1hr 40min), Pau (2 hours) or Bergerac (2 hours)
Free pre-booked train transfers:
Return transfers to and from Agen train station (30 minutes) are included in the course price.
Trains run from Agen from across the SNCF network from where you can take advantage of the free transfer.
Optional airport transfers:
You can arrange a transfer to take you directly to the farmhouse from Toulouse, Bordeaux, Pau or Bergerac airport once you have booked onto the course. The price of a one way transfer is approximately 170 Euros per car (2-3 people). This price will be set by a local taxi firm, but your hosts will always try to get you the best price.
To book a private transfer to and from Toulouse, Bordeaux, Pau or Bergerac airport, please email your jewellery making teacher after booking your holiday to confirm your flight times and the transfer at least 14 days in advance of arrival.
Car hire is not essential for this holiday if you pre-book a transfer, but please note that there is no public transport to the farmhouse so if you are not taking the transfer, car hire is recommended.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all levels from beginners to advanced
– Minimum age 18
– Your hosts and tutors speak English and French, and lessons will be taught in English
I’m travelling solo – can I join?
– These holidays make great singles holidays as there are NO single supplements and you will have your own private room for no additional cost
– There is a discount for 2 people travelling together and sharing a room
When can I start?
– This course starts on Thursdays and runs on set dates year round
– Courses run for 3 nights / 4 days
– If you can’t find the date you want, we can request additional dates so please email us on [email protected] and we’ll check availability for your preferred day of arrival
Restricted mobility access
Please find below some information regarding the accommodation and location of the holiday which may be useful when deciding if this is the right holiday for you; should you have an further questions, please contact us and we will be happy to help
– We generally do not recommend this location for those with restricted mobility
– The holiday is based in the countryside, and does include some walking
– The accommodation has no bedrooms or bathrooms on the ground floor, therefore one must be comfortable with stairs
What can I do in my free time?
– During your free time, there is plenty to do at your farmhouse accommodation including relaxing by the heated swimming pool (May-September)
– The school offers a range of extracurricular activities onsite which are free of charge including table tennis, basketball, shooting, archery, cycling and board games to name a few!
– There are numerous fêtes, music festivals and exhibitions in the surrounding areas through the year and your host Caroline will be happy to advise you during your stay
– The closest towns are Nérac and Condom, and your host will be happy to suggest activities and transport should you wish to explore these during your stay