French Dessert and Pastry Cooking Holiday
Calling all baking & French patisserie enthusiasts! Learn to master classic French desserts and pastry on this 6 night cooking course and return home with a range of new cookery skills and wonderful recipes that you’ll have no problem recreating for your friends and family back home.
Highlights of the Trip
- Stay in a local 4 star hotel with swimming pool & daily breakfast buffet
- Master classic desserts including macarons, eclairs, tarte tatin & more
- All cooking lessons, culinary excursions & wonderful meals are included
If you are looking for an authentic French culinary experience that is hands on and full of variety, but you have more of a sweet tooth, look no further! This decadent 6 night pastry and dessert cookery course will cover everything from eclairs to croissants and everything in between.
With 36 hours of hands-on cooking and demonstration, this sweet adventure leaves nothing out. From sorbets and ice cream to chocolates and macarons, outdoor markets, regional wine and even a dinner at a Michelin Star restaurant, each day promises a new foodie experience.
You’ll be guided on your dessert adventure by two qualified and award winning chefs, Alison and Sidney, whose passion for creating incredible dishes using local, seasonal produce, will teach you not only how to cook, but how to fall in love with cooking, and all of the rewarding results that come with it.
This husband and wife team, who met in Swaziland, have worked all over the world as groundbreaking, innovative chefs. Sidney was Captain of The British Craft Guild Team for 2000/2001 when they achieved a record medal total, and both have been recognised for their medals obtained at international levels as well as having cooked for heads of State and celebrities. We figured if they’re good enough for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, they’re good enough for you!
You’ll enjoy 6 nights in one of two 4 star hotels located within walking distance of the cooking school, and each has been renovated to have every modern convenience while retaining its old French charm. Your hosts will be happy to pick you up before your lesson, although many guests find the walk enjoyable or use a bicycle throughout their stay. Located in the quiet hamlet, it’s lovely to explore on foot and each has a swimming pool to relax in during your free time.
Do not be intimidated! This is a wonderful holiday perfect for any level and you will learn a vast range of skills to take home in just the one week you spend with Sidney and Alison.
- 6 nights 4-star hotel accommodation in a private ensuite room
- Please note: prices are per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double standard bedroom
- Solo travellers can book a twin/double room for sole occupancy for an additional supplement
- 36 hours of cooking and instruction throughout the week with two professional chefs
- Welcome “Taste of Loire Valley” buffet and glass of Champagne
- A chocolate and wine tasting
- Dinner at a Michelin star restaurant
- All meals including wine at dinner
- Transport for all excursions and activities in the itinerary
- Personalised apron and recipe folder
- Return transfers from Chatellerault train station
- Check in any time after 2pm on day 1 and check out by 11am on day 7
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
This French cookery school is located in a small French hamlet on the river Creuse in the stunning Loire Valley. The region is home to European Renaissance which brought with it a rich and diverse culinary history and depth. When you’re not cooking with your professional chefs, you’ll be enjoying some river walks, cycling or time out by the pool in your relaxing 4 star accommodation.
– Located in a small hamlet in the Loire Valley on the river Creuse
– Cooking takes place in a beautiful renovated farmhouse, stocked with new and modern equipment
– Each guest has a personal workspace
– A fantastic dining room to enjoy meals and often, in the summer, you’ll enjoy meals out in the orchard
– Accommodation used by the school are 4 star hotels, with elegantly decorated ensuite rooms, with single, twins and doubles available (please note there is a single supplement for solo travellers)
– Bedrooms are fully air conditioned, have a bathroom with a shower, satellite TV and internet access
– Both hotels have gardens, pools and restaurants on site
– Accommodation is within walking distance to the school but transfers are also provided daily
– Feel free to use a bicycle during your stay to explore the area in your free time
– Around 1.5 hours by train from Paris Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airports
– Transfers to and from Chatellerault train station are included
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Paris Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airports (1.5 hours by train)
The best way to reach the cookery school is by train once you have landed.
The TGV train runs three trains a day directly from Terminal 2 at Charles de Gaulle Airport to the village.
The local station is Chatellerault and transfers to and from the station are included.
If you arrive into Poitiers, Tours or Saint Pierre des Corps, there is a transfer fee of €50 each way per person.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all levels from beginner to advanced cooks
– Minimum age 18 (under 18s accepted if accompanied by an adult)
– All classes are taught in English
– Please note that although your hosts can cater to vegetarians, they unfortunately cannot accept vegans, celiac or lactose intolerant guests
When can I start?
– Course arrival days are on Sunday
Restricted mobility access
Please find below some information regarding the accommodation and location of the holiday which may be useful when deciding if this is the right holiday for you; should you have an further questions, please contact us and we will be happy to help
– We generally do not recommend this location for those with restricted mobility, as the hotels aren’t equipped
– The holiday is based in a village with cobbled, uneven streets
Are meals included?
All meals are included on your holiday, as well as wine with dinner
– Breakfast is inclusive of freshly baked pastries, home-made confitures, local artisanal cheeses, charcuterie, muesli, cereals, yogurts, freshly squeezed juices, seasonal fruits, eggs to order, coffee and tea
Lunch and dinner
– Some meals may be in restaurants, such as a meal at a Michelin star restaurant during the week, however, when dining at the cooking school, the menu is adjusted according to season and the best available locally sourced products will only be used
– Please note that vegetarians will follow the normal cooking classes but your hosts ensure they are catered for at meal times
– This holiday isn’t the right match for vegans, celiac and lactose intolerant guests
What can I do in my free time?
– The countryside is a great place to get out an explore; whether you hit a cafe, people watch, or take a dip in the pool or river
– Feel free to borrow a bicycle, walk the riverside, or book yourself a treatment at the local spa