French Cookery Course Brittany
This fantastic French cooking holiday will change the way you cook and think about food; get immersed in French food and French gastronomy and learn skills & methods which will allow you to produce great food in your own home all in great company surrounded by delicious food and wine.
Highlights of the Trip
- Learn over 37 different dishes prepared and enjoyed by you
- Great French gastronomy taught to you by a a Michelin trained chef
- Lovely, unspoiled countryside with plenty of interesting places to visit
The charming region of Brittany, renowned for its rich sea food cuisine, extraordinary coastline and fine ciders, will be the setting of this 6 night / 7 day gourmet French cooking holiday. Tucked away in the rolling hills of rural France you will find the beautiful village of Kerrouet, the setting for your culinary holiday.
The fun and relaxed atmosphere will have you cooking up a storm in the light and airy state of the art kitchen. Here you will create a wide range of restaurant-standard French dishes from preparation through to final presentation.
Covering a wide variety of preparation skills such as filleting fish, you will also be preparing your own stocks and sauces from scratch along with home-made breads and ice creams, French patisserie and much more. This cookery holiday is a true culinary extravaganza guaranteed to fuel your passion for good food, free flowing wine and great company.
During this memorable French cooking holiday your chef Poul, who trained and graduated from one of the best French restaurants in Denmark (Gammel Aalbyhoj – Relais Gourmand – Tradition et Qualitie), will be on hand to help you master new skills and techniques that will take your cooking above and beyond your expectations. Your other host, Niall, will also be on hand to organise every element of your holiday to ensure you return feeling relaxed and refreshed with a great collection of new recipes and techniques to try out on your return.
Accommodation will be arranged for you by your hosts according to your needs and desires. Prices are based on lovely accommodation in a local B&B with your own private room and bathroom – you will be sharing the house with the hosts for a true cultural experience. You can also choose to upgrade to a French gite (cottage).
- 6 nights accommodation in a local B&B or gite
- You can check in any time after 2pm on day 1 and check-out by 10.30am on day 7
- Return transfers from Lamballe Train station at 5pm on arrival day and drop off at 10am on departure day
- Six day cooking courses with lunch (except Thursday, no lunch) and dinner every day at the school
- Various wines and ciders to taste
- Advice regarding visits to local food markets and places of interest
- Eurotoque Accreditation
- WiFi access
- Access to student lounge and culinary library at the cookery school
- Graduation certificate
- Menus to take home with you
- All coffee/teas/soft drinks consumed at the school
- Graduation party with various 3 liqueurs
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
The beautiful rustic village of Kerrouet lies in the heart of the rolling hills of Brittany, this will be your setting for your French cookery holiday. It is the perfect setting for harvesting organic ingredients to use when creating delicious, gourmet quality cuisine. Only a 40 minute drive from Dinard airport, it is conveniently located with a choice of lovely local gites, all within minutes of walking to the school, to meet your individual accommodation needs.
– About 1 hour from Rennes and Dinard Airports
– 16th century kitchen with log fires, good wines, friendly hosts
– Quality school facilities with WiFi, cable TV, video, log fires and culinary library
– Highly skilled Michelin trained & fully experienced chef
– Lovely unspoilt countryside with plenty of interesting places to visit
– Advice offered on country walks every day as well as cycling options
– Cycle hire available with electric bikes
– Wine tastings, lectures & talks by arrangement
– Guests may join students for lunch or dinner by arrangement
– English and French speaking hosts also speak German, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Dinard (40 minutes away)
Rennes (1 hour away)
The nearest train station is Lamballe.
You can fly to Paris and take the TGV to Rennes and on to Lamballe Rail Station where you will be collected.
To check trains, we recommend you look at www.voyages-sncf.com
Who is it suitable for?
– Cookery holidays are suitable for all levels from complete beginners to experienced cooks
– Minimum age 18
– Your host is Danish, but speaks French, German, Norwegian and Swedish, however, all cooking classes are taught in English
I’m travelling solo – can I join?
– These cookery holidays make great singles holidays and singles are welcome to join an existing group
– To book a private single room, email [email protected] or contact us via live chat (click on the ‘start chat’ link at the bottom of this page) or call us to check availability
When can I join?
– All arrivals are on Sunday afternoons on set dates between March and November
– A very special New Year’s cookery holiday will take place at the end of the year
– Cooking holidays are for 6 nights / 7 days
– If you wish to stay for extra nights please email to check availability for your preferred duration and we will do our best to accommodate you
– If dates appear ‘on request’ please email us [email protected] and we’ll check availability for your preferred day of arrival as quickly as possible
What can I do in my free time?
– This French cookery holiday is packed with culinary delights but in your free time you may want to explore the local area
– The school is only a short drive from wonderful medieval towns and UNESCO places of world historical interest – St Malo, Josselin, Dinan, Moncontour, Carnac, Le Mont St Michel, and Rennes, are all within the region
– Hire an electric bicycle and do local trips to beautiful unspoilt countryside and medieval villages; roads are safe and the traffic light and cyclists are well respected
– The walking tours in the area are world class and famous throughout the world
– The nearest beach is 30 minutes away by car and the coast is also amazing