Cross-country Ski Lesson
Master the ancient art of cross-country skiing, the traditional method of getting about in the snowy wilderness of Lapland, so that you can glide about with the best of the locals.
Highlights of the Trip
- Become adept in the most traditional form of transport in Lapland
- Glide through beautiful, isolated trails that take you deep into the wilderness.
“All of a sudden, the trees transformed into fur-covered men, who flew across the snow silently, like the wind. On their feet they wore some sort of long wooden shoes and they had long bear spears in their hands.”
Skiing is easy and can be learnt by anyone who can walk… now it’s your turn!
During this beginners’ course in our resort, your guide will teach you the basic techniques that will get you up on your feet and moving through the snow quickly and easily.
After this, you can head into the forest and follow our incredible trails, getting off the beaten track to make the most of the wintery beauty of Lapland, with vast fells, snow-laden forests and idyllic frozen lakes just waiting to be discovered.
- English speaking local guide
- Thermal clothing inc. overalls, skiing boots & gloves
- Cross-country skis and helmets
This tour runs from both Saariselkä and Levi Finland