– Meet in the hotel at 2:00 p.m. for a warm welcome and introductions, followed by a short walk and some late afternoon photography.
– Join up later for a welcome drink in the bar and dinner in the hotel.
Woodlands Lodge Hotel
Low deposit, fully flexible, Covid-19 book risk free. Learn more
Photography Break – The New Forest
Mary and Pat have been running their photography holidays for the last couple of years now…
Your holiday host, Mary
– Mary has worked in travel for the past 20 years and has hosted groups for many different companies
– She is extremely detail oriented and hands-on to ensure everything runs like clockwork so h Read More
– Enjoy a full day of photography exploring the different landscapes and capturing the abundance of colour in the forest.
– During the day we will view the forest vistas from high points in the north west, as well as getting deep into the forest, walking among the trees, finding hidden lakes, exploring the open heathland and, hopefully, encountering the wildlife.
– The morning will begin with a stroll from Milford-on-Sea along the coast and Keyhaven estuary, enjoying views of the Needles and the Isle of Wight and the salt marshes.
– Later you’ll explore the Georgian market town of Lymington, taking in its pretty, narrow streets and harbour filled with fishing boats and yachts.
– Both days will begin, weather permitting, with the opportunity to get out early and enjoy the dawn light, taking either sunrises or morning mists in the forest.
Sunday 27th October, 2019
I very much enjoyed the lesson; learning about composition, considerations as to lighting, and about my own camera phone capabilities! It was nice to learn that sometimes you just cannot get the shot you want and how to make the best of it, as on the...
I very much enjoyed the lesson; learning about composition, considerations as to lighting, and about my own camera phone capabilities! It was nice to learn that sometimes you just cannot get the shot you want and how to make the best of it, as on the workshop day when the weather was very grey and overcast. I certainly learnt some new skills without feeling 'blinded by science' (or terminology), and liked that advice was given to each person at their level of skill as we walked around. We were not just a group all doing the same thing. Above all, it was friendly and encouraging, which is just what a beginner like myself was looking for.Read more