Pantanal Food Safari
Pantanal cuisine is superb. Delicious dishes cooked in the wood stove are the base for this traditional gastronomy and on this tour you will get to experience it all.
The Pantanal is known worldwide as the number one wildlife destination in Brazil. But for us, the main attraction of the Pantanal is its people and culture.
Pantanal cuisine is superb. Delicious dishes cooked in the wood stove are the base for this traditional gastronomy, which keeps its origins and attributes.
Of course beef is the main attraction in a culture established in cattle ranching properties, and it is certainly sensational. But healthy fresh vegetables, tropical fruits and other tasty complements compose a variety of flavours in many different typical dishes – which are simply stupendous!
The Pantanal Food Safari is an immersive experience in the feeding rituals of a typical Pantanal farm. Through living with local people in their natural habitat you will learn all about this fascinating culture.
Our expedition can take place in two different lodges: Barra Mansa located in a very protected and pristine area with access only by 4WD vehicles & Pousada Pequi with easier and faster access from Campo Grande.
Culinary experiences & hands-on cooking classes are interspersed with tours in the Pantanal wetlands as horseback rides, boat rides and hikes.
– 1 night accommodation in a double room at Campo Grande
– Land transfers throughout the itinerary
– 3 nights accommodation in double room at Pantanal
– Full-board – breakfast, lunch and dinner
– Dinner at Feira Central and lunch on day 2
– Cooking classes conducted by English Speaking regional chef and host local/native guide on all tours and activities
– Travel accidental insurance starting in Campo Grande
– Certificate provided by the Food Research Paulo Machado Institute (30 hours/class). Pousada Pequi – available all year long