Amazon Food Safari
Experience the famous Amazonas State through its exquisite cuisine on this unique tour.
The Amazon Food Safari is an expedition through the Amazonas State, starting at the capital Manaus. Here we spend two days visiting museums, indigenous conservation projects, traditional & contemporary restaurants, and the local market where a great variety of products and ingredients from the forest can be easily found.
The other three days are dedicated to experiencing the forest. Our base is at Uakari Floating Lodge, located at Mamiraua Sustainable Development Reserve in Tefé (1h20min flight from Manaus).
Tourism is one of the reserve`s economical activities, and involves six local communities that manage the ecotourism project and provide all services of accommodation, meals, tours and hospitality.
The lodge has charming and ecological bungalows and is located in an incredible, preserved are of the Amazon.
Activities at the lodge include hands-on cooking classes, but also boat rides to watch Pink Dolphins and treks in the forest to look for Sloths and Monkeys.
Some of the local ingredients are: Amazonian fruits as açai & guaraná, fish, Brazil nuts and manioc flowers.
– 2 nights accommodation in double room in Manaus
– 3 nights at Amazon Lodge
– Transfer Airport/hotel Manaus/Airport
– Tour Meeting of Waters with lunch
– Boat transfer Tefé/Lodge/Tefé
– 3 nights accommodation in double room at Amazon Lodge
– Full-board – breakfast, lunch and dinner in the lodge
– Dinner on day 1
– Cooking classes conducted by English Speaking regional chef and
– Travel accidental insurance starting in Manaus
– Local/native guide on all tours and activities
– Certificate provided by the Food Research Paulo Machado Institute (40 hours/class).