Bangkok Old Quarter Walks
Take a public boat to Wat Saket the Golden Mount with amazing views over Bangkok then walk through the old quarter and experience local life.
Meet your guide at BTS National Stadium Station exit 3 You will be taken on a local public boat to Wat Saket known as Golden Mount. To reach the top you’ll need to climb 318 steps. You will then be taken to a small village where you will see the age-old crafting of bowls from raw steel using only their hands and a hammer. Then we will walk to the Buddha Street in the centre of the old town.
Visit a local café have some coffee, tea and snacks before heading back to the meeting point.
This tour uses public transport and supports the Baan Bat community to preserve their traditions and way of working.
Highlights of the Trip
- Visit Golden Mount & Wat Saket
- See the handmade Monk’s Alm Bowl Community
- Explore the amulet market in the temple in the middle of Bangkok old town
- Drinking water and cold towel
- English speaking guide
- Local transportation and entrance fees
What's Not Included
- Round trip transportation to the meeting point
Bangkok Art and Culture Center (BACC), Skytrain BTS National Stadium station, exit number 3
9 am start